Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you interested in Golf?

Options
  • 23-07-2010 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

As you may or my not be aware, Boards.ie has an advertising deal with EA and as a result we get some interesting opportunities from time to time.

Right now, I have a very short notice, but potentially very good fun opportunity for a golf fan.

Tiger Woods PGA 11 is already out now on various platforms and he shares the cover with Rory McIllroy. Our friends in O'Leary PR (who handle EA's promo stuff here in Ireland) are headed to the Irish Open next Tuesday 27th and have a slot for one person to attend. They’ll be bringing media down to Killarney from Dublin by coach, and back that evening, and would love for a Boards.ie rep to come along. Previously, DeVore and myself were in London for the Showcase event and Axwell's just posted his report from the FIFA Developer's Day

The day will include lunch on arrival and a group interview with Rory. They’ll also have a photographer present.

So, who's interested in Golf, preferrably has played the new Tiger Woods game and can travel on Tuesday? :) Please post here telling me why you'd be the best choice to go represent us on this day out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

I'm posting on behalf of my brother who is absolutely hopped up on golf and dabbles in a bit of Tiger Woods 10 multiplayer with me and friends. Unfortunately, he's young and he has been led to believe that buying a high-quality club means that he's going to hit a high-quality swing with it. A few pointers from Rory McIllroy would do the lad's game and wallet no harm at all.

Also, he spends half an hour in the bathroom fixing his hair and spends just as much money on clothes as he does clubs; so, representing this board, he won't turn up in rag-order to borrow Eamon Dunphy's expression.

I think he would be the best choice to represent board.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Advertisement