Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

myusabox.com won't ship stocks internationaly

Options
  • 23-07-2010 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

i got unpleasant surprise today, they refused to ship my stock since
    Forbidden Item Can not Ship Internationa
    they wont ship anything gun related, even scopes now.. guy i was speaking with "Joe" , said they had big problems with that, didn't want to say what kind of.
    so giving you heads up.

BTW anybody know some "nice guy" in USA that i can ship my stock to him, and he will ship to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

There's a company I've just used to ship my new phone to me from the US called shipito.com, they seemed fairly straightforward and the fees were very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

Sparks wrote: »
    There's a company I've just used to ship my new phone to me from the US called shipito.com, they seemed fairly straightforward and the fees were very reasonable.

you see sparks, phone is not " gun part" heh
    i'm afraid that it may be some bigger action against those kinds of websites.
    but i e-mail them , we see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭seoirse1980

That's a shame about my usa box. They were great to deal with.

Anybody got anymore similar sites?

Seoirse

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

sharky0922 wrote: »
    you see sparks, phone is not " gun part" heh
    Yeah, but they're fairly strong on the "we ship any legal thing" line. So so long as it's possible to ship it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

shipito response :D

We have previously shipped gun parts but you will need to check with your country's customs to make sure it is not a prohibited item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

TIP; dont bother with any mail fwd companies that have unfriendly gun ownership states.Check this yourselves via google.That is on the east coast anything NYC,NY,NJ,DC,

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Folks

US state Dept have clamped down.

Only RFD's with permits to Import can import.

I can tell you I know of one that will sell a Boyd stock ~€120-30
    Same type stock as used on Remington 700 Tumbhole.

Sorry Tac,badly misinformed there....
    Irish RFD with permits,load of old toss..:)
    It is still possible to get stocks and bits from the US with no trouble deliverd to your door.Heck,even the gun as well provided it hasnt a muzzle break,or a folding stock type thingy.Provided YOU supply the Federal Firearms liscensed dealer who has State Dept EXPORT CLEARENCE OUTSIDE CONUS!With your permit to posses and import cert [if revelant] in your home country,and you pay the freight and customs here you are good to go!
    whats happening is this UN International Traffic in Arms Regulation[ITAR].This has nothing got to do with the US State dept.They have to comply with this under international UN arms treaty.Designed more to stop Russian billionares equipping tin pot dictatorsin africa with the latest model aKs for their child soilders.It is burning the legitmate arms users more.People are panicking on being caught on this very complex legislation,so they are just playing safe and not shipping international orders ..

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Sorry Tac,badly misinformed there....
    Irish RFD with permits,load of old toss..:)
    It is still possible to get stocks and bits from the US with no trouble deliverd to your door.Heck,even the gun as well provided it hasnt a muzzle break,or a folding stock type thingy.Provided YOU supply the Federal Firearms liscensed dealer who has State Dept EXPORT CLEARENCE OUTSIDE CONUS!With your permit to posses and import cert [if revelant] in your home country,and you pay the freight and customs here you are good to go!
    whats happening is this UN International Traffic in Arms Regulation[ITAR].This has nothing got to do with the US State dept.They have to comply with this under international UN arms treaty.Designed more to stop Russian billionares equipping tin pot dictatorsin africa with the latest model aKs for their child soilders.It is burning the legitmate arms users more.People are panicking on being caught on this very complex legislation,so they are just playing safe and not shipping international orders ..

Not what mcMillan, bell & Carlson , and a few others told me!

Watch this space.
    A permit costs €500~ to import now.
    Unless you are in the business, waste of money IMHO

And who do Mc Millian,Bell and Carlson supply???? The US military perhaps??;).Remember,it doesnt HAVE to be current issue stuff either,once it has a DOD contract number on it,even if it was refused in US military trials,it is still classified as US military hardware,and it is stuck under the ITAR rule.:rolleyes:
    So is a company with a defence contract going to risk it for some anti gun zealot,to claim they were breaking ITAR for one sale to Ireland??
    500 euros for what permit exactly from where???

• Advertisement
Advertisement