Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suit Hire Question

Options
  • 23-07-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I visited a suit hire shop a number of weeks ago and spoke to the cashier about my requirements. I specified that we had a very tall member in the group that needed a suit "Yes yes, we can do any size that's no problem." - foolishly I handed over a deposit of 100 euro.

Today I went back to the shop with the exact measurements.

Shop -"No, we can't do that size"
    Me - "Ok, can I have my deposit back?"
    Shop - "No"

From what I can see on citizens advice and so forth the verbal agreement would be covered although in reality I suppose that rarely makes a difference. Is this likely a tough **** situation for me? I handed over a deposit in good faith on the selling line that they could provide me with a particular service - which they cannot.

Thanks,

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You should have given them measurements when you first called to confirm if they can do it.

'Tall' is an ambiguous term to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nattyguest

I didn't have the precise measurements but I did "about six foot nine". Would haves, could haves, there's a lot I should have done before hand - at least I've learned from the experience and now all that's left is to see how I stand from a cash perspective. :(

Advertisement