Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plants to go well with Lavender plant

Options
  • 23-07-2010 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭

Hi,

building a raised bed against a wall about 2.5 metres x 600mm or so. I'm planning on having 4 - 5 lavender plants as the main plant as I like this style of plant and it will also be green during winter. Would anyone suggestions on what I could plant to complement the lavender visually?possibly some grasses?I would like it to look a bit stylish but don't want everything too uniform.

I bought some sysrinchium last week too http://www.caspertheisens.nl/shop/plaatjes/Sisyrinchium.JPG
    as this may be good to have in other parts of the garden.

The area is a small urban garden, the walls of the raised bed are wooden and the ground is concrete slabs.

Cheers for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭bing3

For contrast you could try the white forms of agapanthus. Looks well against the lavender. Also some of the allium family may look good. Short flowering seasons though. Verbenas are great for late season longevity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

I put Geraniums with my Lavander in a flower box, they come in so many different colours and I think they look really pretty together, the bees and butterflies seem to thinks so too, they go nuts for them :)

Lavander Box.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Irushe did your lavender grow like that in its first year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Irushe did your lavender grow like that in its first year?

They sure did, I planted them around late April as tiny plants ( 6 for something like €9.99 ) and they grew to that size. Fortunately my back garden is a sun trap so sun loving plants usually flourish in it.

Advertisement