Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you go to the takeaway?

Options
  • 23-07-2010 7:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

It struck me today that I was the only one there today where they already knew what my order was automatically from repetition.

I never really noticed that before (partly because I come in at non-peak hours)... but I seem to be the only person they knew the order of straightaway.

So how often do you go? Surely once a week isn't pathological...

(no need to reply if you're just going to say you never go).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I don't. I get it delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

go to dominos and get my takeaway pizza. don't do it as often now Ive moved out of the city. now back in the country. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

home delevery tonight as it goes

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

3 times a week perhaps. McDonalds, Chinese, Chipper, Dominos, Subway etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Order something new the odd time OP. Freak the ****ers out. Variety is the spice of life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

About once a week to either the chipper or the chinese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Depends on the takeaway, chipper every two weeks, Chinaman every week but sometimes do a sit down special during day, same price, Pizza every fortnight, and Indian about every two months. More of the above if I'm traveling down the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I have the take away menu already open in a separate tab :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭whatsherface

five days a week, all different ones, I live in a town so five min walk :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I stumble into the chipper on the way home some nights.
    Order something crunchy, something cheesy and something garlicy.
    Drift off sitting in the corner until they shout at me to get out.
    Stumble home trying to eat as I go.
    Spend 5 minutes trying to get the front door open.
    Realise eventually it's the wrong door.
    Wake up on the couch around 6 in the morning with food all down my front.

So to answer your question - About once a week I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

I get a chinese religiously every weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Rarely to be honest - bogger that I am - I do grow my own veggies though so normally cook myself a nice stiry fry in the evenings - it's as good as a chinese in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Not had one in over a year but before that prob every Sat night on the way home!

Ring the chipper/pizza place when leaving pub, used to be there about 10 mins after I got back.....nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Once every weekend. Most often Chinese, nom nom.
    Occasionally midweek if I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

When I was at school and Uni, I used to take saturday jobs in takeaways.
    I can honestly say I will never, ever eat in one ever again, after the things I saw. The cockroaches, the rats, the mice and most of the staff, tbh! Urgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Not that often I will eat out at least once a week though but try to healthyish options.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

2-3 times a week for me. Subsidised restaurant in work, and I refuse to cook at the weekends. Friday night = pizza, Saturday = Indian, Sunday (not every week) = Chinese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭47

I get a takeaway once or twice a week, The Mrs on the otherhand might get one once ecery ten years.Fecking phenomenon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I definately wouldn't have more than two in a month, if I had them at all.

Did you read the story in the Daily Mail about some food health guy observing a mouse jumping out of sweet & sour sauce in a chinese? Enough to turn the Chinese people against Chinese food.

It's in the Mail so it has to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Anything up to 3 or 4 times a weeks, though some weeks I go on a home cooking buzz and dont get any takeaways.

The week after I'll have loads of them though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

A mate of mine orders so much Dominos pizza that they once rang him on a Saturday asking him if he wanted to place an order. I shit you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

At home I'd say once every couple of weeks, but at work I do it way too much for my own good (shift work = "**** it, I'll just head to Mr. Cod!")

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Did you read the story in the Daily Mail about some food health guy observing a mouse jumping out of sweet & sour sauce in a chinese? Enough to turn the Chinese people against Chinese food.

Well to be fair you can't get fresher food than that, makes a change from the dead cat they usually serve!

I hate Chinese food!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Anywhere between once and three times a week. Just depends on what I'm doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Chippy/pizza once a week on average.

Once a month or so throw in an additional Indian

Very very rarely Ill get a Chinese, and even then only cuz the OH is ordering and Ill just get a yuk sung

Always delivery though, so they wouldnt know our orders, but would often have a chat with the pizza deliery guy cuz I used to live in his estate which ppl often find a bit odd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Maybe once a week, sometimes its none sometimes its 2 or 3.

On average though id say once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

That new programme on RTE1 "Take on the takeaway" is, I guess, supposed to encourage us to cook our own food at home rather than ringing the take-away. But after watching it every week, I am absolutely itching to ring the Chinese or the chippy rather than try cook it!! I'd say the aim of the programme was to discourage the use of take-aways but if the rest of the viewing public are like me, I'd say take-aways are inundated at 9pm on Weds nights now!! LOL

BTW - I'm a once a week take-away person, either Fri or Sat night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Way too often.

Was worse when I was a student but I love spicy food, now I have Crohn's Disease!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

OP I like to eat out at a fish restaurant called LAME JOKE!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Not that often. I used to get one every Sunday night but have gone off fast food lately.

Advertisement