Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crow bangers/scarers

Options
  • 23-07-2010 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know the legal situation regarding crow bangers? Spent last July and August being driven up the walls by one, believe or not I live in Letterkenny Town! (Magherennan area). Came home today to find it in full flight again, I imagine it's the same farmer again... I'm been driven nuts by it already, can't imagine how it's gonna be when I go to bed. Surely there must be some rules or regulations regarding them? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This thread is worth a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

muffler wrote: »
    This thread is worth a read.

;)

Not funny is it?

You have my sincere sympathy.

If you know who it is, then you can do something; what we would have had done had we found the ***** is unrepeatable here.

Sounded very good to me and had we been able to find him... But the sound was bouncing off the mountains and our sound detector man could not find it....

A legal grey area..if you google it there will be some sites....

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/nuisance-noise-makers-to-face-onthespot-fine-1724564.html

There are regulations re noise via the council also. May take a while to sort; but find the man and ask him to stop; what is he protcting at this season anyway?

One of the articles said that they are supposed to go off at three
    minute intervals; this one was every 30 seconds. Also the modern ones are supposed to have a photo cell so they stop at night.

Let us know?

Had forgotten this; re a previous unrelated noise problem way back we asked for help from this organisation.

http://www.epa.ie/

They put pressure on the local council to investigate the complaint with excellent results.

email them?

Good luck.

Graces7 wrote: »
    ;)If you know who it is, then you can do something; what we would have had done had we found the ***** is unrepeatable here.
    :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭shuffle65

It has stopped, yay! Actually wasn't as bad as last year anyhow. It went on for weeks, every 30 seconds, even during the nights at first. Had the same problem trying to locate the source, the sound just bounces off everything! Did contact the EPA at the time but there wasn't much they could do to help.

God they are awful things, I think we should start lobbying to have them banned completely! Especially as I hear they don't work anyway...

Thanks for your advice anyhow, hope you are living in peace these days :D

• Advertisement

shuffle65 wrote: »
    It has stopped, yay! Actually wasn't as bad as last year anyhow. It went on for weeks, every 30 seconds, even during the nights at first. Had the same problem trying to locate the source, the sound just bounces off everything! Did contact the EPA at the time but there wasn't much they could do to help.

God they are awful things, I think we should start lobbying to have them banned completely! Especially as I hear they don't work anyway...

Thanks for your advice anyhow, hope you are living in peace these days :D

See what boards ie can do! Someone here knew who it was ... May well be the same farmer!!!

And they read the posts..

Yes, it was 30 seconds here too.. MUST be the same ******

So glad it has stopped. yes let us lobby..!!! I had some good advice also on the farming board here and no they don't work.

We have finally got a supply of valium for the collie, which works in thunder etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

crow bangers are just a part of country life and do work very well , i don't see what all the fuss is about :rolleyes:

crow bangers are just a part of country life and do work very well , i don't see what all the fuss is about :rolleyes:
    Cat/pigeons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

shuffle65 wrote: »

:D

Maybe somebody put a muffler on them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

danjo wrote: »
    Maybe somebody put a muffler on them! :)

epic-face-palm-face-palm-demotivational-poster-1236742013.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement