Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My girlfriend missed her period

• 23-07-2010 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

I'm posting this thread because I need advice/ info, If you have any views about my situation that you don't approve of, please keep them to yourselves.

My girlfriend is underage, and we had protected sex twice in one night, a week and a few days ago. She has missed it by 6 days.
    She is going through a lot recently, problems at home making her very upset/stressed. etc.

I am bricking it, obviously. I know for a fact that we love each other very much, but we're simply not ready for a child.
    I don't know what I'm going to do if she is pregnant, she's going to wait a few days before getting a pregnancy test.

I've asked for advice of some of the girls in our group.
    One has had protected sex and missed it by a month, another has missed it by 2 weeks without having sex. Both told me I shouldn't worry.

I know how foolish I am, I know condoms aren't 100% going to work.
    If she's not pregnant I will never have sex with her again unless, she's on the pill and I have a condom. Honestly.

How worried should I be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I have heard loads of stories from girls I know who have missed their periods by over a week. Happens everyone now and again apparently.

Are you under age as well?

Anyway, you are on the waiting game now my friend, hope everyhing turns out ok!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

If she's underage then her periods are probably still sorting themselves out, it's probably nothing to worry about. But if she is pregnant it's not the end of the world. Pregnancy test as soon as she can is all you can do and then go from there. Fingers crossed you get the result you want :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

I turned 17 this month but it's still statutory rape. I'm so worried.
    I hope those stories have some truth in them, I hate this game :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

She might be pregnant, she might not. Only way of knowing is to do a test.

Periods can be affected by stress, and even the stress of thinking that she might be pregnant can be enough to make it late.

There isn't really much advice I can offer except to do a test asap. This will put both of your minds at ease and I bet you anything that if its negative, her monthly guests will turn up that afternoon!

When doing the test, make sure she does it first thing in the morning using her first pee. Its the best way to get an accurate result.

We're not here to judge your situation. It sounds like you know the consequences of your actions and I doubt you'll want to feel like this again. If your gf is pregnant, don't be afraid to come back here for more advice!

And if she's not pregnant, get her to the docs and on the pill asap! Its all very well saying it won't happen again, but we all know what happens in the heat of the moment!

Good luck, I hope it all works out for the best for you both :)

SeanKev wrote: »
    I turned 17 this month but it's still statutory rape. I'm so worried.
    I hope those stories have some truth in them, I hate this game :(
    Don't worry about that type of stuff yet mate.

Do a test asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

been in your place a good few times. There is a number of reasons a girl may be late. A clear blue test will give you a good accurate answer think they can tell with in a few days of conceiving you can get them in most shops if your embarrassed you may be able to self scan in tesco :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

If the test is positive, don't freak out. Visit this site to find your nearest crisis pregnancy services. It lists free, non-judgmental service providers. http://www.positiveoptions.ie/

Got her a clear blue digital yesterday, result was negative. *breathes*

Thats a relief!!!

Lesson learned mate? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

I wouldnt be Breathing easy just yet.
    It may be still too early for them pregnancy tests to pick up the hormones in her urine. Id advise another test in about a week and a half from now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Good stuff mate, happy to hear things have turned out well for you and your GF........

Seriously, you've had a fright and hopefully you and your girl will learn from this!!!
    My eldest son is 16 and any night he goes out to meet his buddies I'm forever going onto him about has he covered everything for the night as in money, mobile.....but I always make sure he has condoms even though he of course denies to me that he has a girlfriend.......Mums know better and he's been having a lot of secret phone calls lately!!!

Some parents may say that i'm promoting underage sex to him but I could care less what they think as long as my son is safe that night and of course any girl he may or may not be with is safe and protected too!!!!

Reality first and morals later is what I say......

Glad to hear that your story turned out this way tho' SeanKev:)

Edit: It would be advisable tho' to do a test again in about 2 weeks to be certain!!!
    Hopefully it was a mixture of teenage girl mixed up hormones and maybe a little stress that disrupted her period but testing in 2 weeks should put both of yer minds at ease........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

mkdon05 wrote: »
    I wouldnt be Breathing easy just yet.
    It may be still too early for them pregnancy tests to pick up the hormones in her urine. Id advise another test in about a week and a half from now.

The tests are fairly accurate from our experience with them. Some brands even show positives before the period due date. Definitely take two tests though. If both are negative and it's after the date the period should be expected, then I'd say there's no pregnancy.

Take this as a lesson learnt OP. You and your girlfriend should have a mature chat about contraception, and she should speak to a GP about her options.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Thats a relief!!!

Lesson learned mate? :)

She had her period today. :D
    Lesson learned, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Thanks everyone!

She had her period today. :D
    Lesson learned, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Thanks everyone!
    Dodged the bullet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Happy Days. Now get her on the pill and wrap it up every time = no more scares! ;)

Advertisement