Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text messages showing wrong time

Options
  • 23-07-2010 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Maybe this has been asked before. but since the time changes a while back every text i receive is showing the time an hour behind. Suppose someone send me a text at 21.09 it will show the sent time in the text as 20.09 an hour behind?
    As far as i can see all my settings are correct so why is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Have a look at the time settings on your phone and it make sure it says DST +1.

If it doesn't then change it so it does, and then reset the clock (it would probably move an hour ahead)

Your text message times should be ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,464 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You need to set the time zone to GMT+1, this may put the clock forward an hour in which case you should manually set it back to the correct time. When the clocks go back in October you then change the time zone back to GMT instead of manually changing the time.

A lot of GSM networks now support automatic time zone adjustment so if you see an option in the 'Date & Time' section of your phone's menu along the lines of 'Automatic time update', you can set it to 'On' or 'Ask First' and then when you travel to mainland Europe your phone will automatically move forward an hour (you'll be prompted to accept this adjustment if the option is set to 'ask first') and when you come back to Ireland it will be set back to local time.

Advertisement