Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hairy Man Hates Hair

• 23-07-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Everybody,
    I am a hairy man. I have hair almost everywhere! I dont mind the hair on my chest legs or arms but I am fed up with hair on my back, shoulders and bum. The hair on the top of my back grows course, black and long, almost like pubic hair but straighter. Between the top and bottom of my back, there is very little hair but at the bottom of my back running down my bum to my legs, the hair is less black and much finer but there is a lot of it there. I waxed it off in the past but I could not stand the pain, also a rash developed afterwards which lasted for ages. I used a removal cream recently which worked well but the stubble is annoying me now. I am looking into laser removal as an option. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the back and bum hair without having to continue removing the hair on my legs? I think it looks a bit strange having a soooth bum and a line of hair just below it, which is the case after using the removal cream! Can laser get around this problem? Any ideas/suggestions?
    TIA
    hairyhairyman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

There are a few solutions to temporary hair removal, laser is your best bet for long term removal. Most of the salons offering laser treatement have slashed their prices over the last number of months. Although it may seem expensive at first sight, long term it'll work out alot cheaper than waxing. If it makes you feel more happy about your appearance, it's worth looking into. I've been getting waxed for a couple of years now and I'm going to go down the laser removal route fairly soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

I would second Laser. I had it done on an isolated area and it is hairless now. Expensive as you are getting it done but worth it in the long run if you look at the bigger picture.
    Perhaps a salon would be willing to do a good deal for you. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Stu

For all the trouble you will have to go through on a weekly, monthly basis, it just isn't worth it. I'm a walking advertisement for Des Kelly Carpets :D but i got fed up of all the shaving, waxing and wondering if people thought i was a freak when i was showering at the gym.

I am covered in Back, Shoulder, chest, leg, Bum hair, no ear hair though because i'm still quite young :D, oh whats that growing out of my big toe :eek:, oh it was just a shadow, no hair thank god. Don't worry about it, I don't care anymore, i'm a man and i'm hairy. Now, what was i doing, ah yeah, time to go and trim my pubes :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Laser removal works very well if you have fair skin and dark hair. It can be a little sore, sometimes the hair explodes out of the follicle, think of it as a sign its working.

Might only reduce it 80% but whats left is usually not coarse and might blend with the rest of your body hair better anyway. If you can afford it, go for it!!

Thanks for the replies,
    Could ye recommend a clinic that would be used of dealing with men? Any part of Ireland? It would be a bit uncomfortable for me to have someone using a laser on my butt that would not usually use a laser there! Can the hair be graded/faded to my legs so there would not be a hairless area and then a matt of hair just below?
    TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭gossipgal08

Anyone using a hair removal laser will have seen it all in terms of body parts and will not bat an eye. They are also very descreet when dealing with men who generally not used to a salon enviroment.

Is laser hair removal permanent or how long are you chatting till needing it done again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Epilation would be about €1000 cheaper than lasers. You'd need a helpful girlfriend though. I do my legs ( girl) and it's nowhere near as painful or messy as waxing. My husband wants me to do his back now as he feels a bit self conscious in the gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Chewbaca

Hi Everybody,
    I am a hairy man. I have hair almost everywhere! I dont mind the hair on my chest legs or arms but I am fed up with hair on my back, shoulders and bum. The hair on the top of my back grows course, black and long, almost like pubic hair but straighter. Between the top and bottom of my back, there is very little hair but at the bottom of my back running down my bum to my legs, the hair is less black and much finer but there is a lot of it there. I waxed it off in the past but I could not stand the pain, also a rash developed afterwards which lasted for ages. I used a removal cream recently which worked well but the stubble is annoying me now. I am looking into laser removal as an option. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the back and bum hair without having to continue removing the hair on my legs? I think it looks a bit strange having a soooth bum and a line of hair just below it, which is the case after using the removal cream! Can laser get around this problem? Any ideas/suggestions?
    TIA
    hairyhairyman

What removal cream did you use?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

MJ23 banned for 1 week.

i like a hairy man not on the back but everywhere is is nice i think ! i had laser hair removal and it works there is a deal in the place i got it done i am in cork . its less thean half price at the min

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

If it bothers you that much just shave it off... You could get one of those long razors that swimmers use..

something like this:
    http://www.razorba.com/

had a friend who was a swimmer, and he used to do something similar.. Took time but sorted the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

:eek: No way would I put one of those near me even if it was as blunt as a butter knife.

Mind you I'm sure their science has made it so it's hard to cut yourself but still I'd be reluctant to use one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

calex71 wrote: »
    :eek: No way would I put one of those near me even if it was as blunt as a butter knife.

Well I'm sure you felt the same way before you got the hang of using a normal razor as well. It's hardly a swinging axe you're trying to manoeuvre in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

my bf looks as if his mammy knit him for christmas but i love him all the same for it! he gets an awful lot of slagging for it the poor fella - and thats only from people seeing his legs - i dread to think what they would say if they saw the rest of him. so i know exactly what you are going through as he is getting down about it - especially since he is loosing his head hair!!! typical he says, i have plenty of hair everywhere except where i want it. my advice is to go for laser defo - the people at salon will surely be able to do it so that it looks natural. i wish you all the best man :)

Advertisement