Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's finally on the way!!!

Options
  • 23-07-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

12 years of waiting is almost over.....

Your order for StarCraft II: Wings Of Liberty (PC & Mac) has been posted.

Please note PLAY.COM will show on your statement.

Please allow 3-5 days delivery.

Please check the following order information:

Order reference: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Title: StarCraft II: Wings Of Liberty (PC & Mac)
    Price: EURO 45.49
    Quantity:1

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Best of luck getting it in the next week.
    The last 2 times i ordered from play i never recieved the orders and had to go through the usual bs to get a refund.
    amazon on the other hand get orders to me in 2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Dcully wrote: »
    Best of luck getting it in the next week.
    The last 2 times i ordered from play i never recieved the orders and had to go through the usual bs to get a refund.
    amazon on the other hand get orders to me in 2 days.

Had two order probs with Play in about ten years of purchases, and there's never hassle with refunds/lost in post etc.

Amazon in 2 days? Unless your paying 1st class airmail or something how the hell do you manage that man? If I sent a letter to myself I'd be lucky to get it in two days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I have my install ready to go. Just have to wait to 9am Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You waited 12 years and wouldn't pay an extra few euro to get it on release day? Play won't have it to you until two or three days after at the earliest.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Had two order probs with Play in about ten years of purchases, and there's never hassle with refunds/lost in post etc.

Amazon in 2 days? Unless your paying 1st class airmail or something how the hell do you manage that man? If I sent a letter to myself I'd be lucky to get it in two days...

Well i ordered mass effect and dragon age couple of months back from play and both took over 2 weeks to get to me [two seperate orders few weeks apart],previous to that for years i had no problem as i got stuff within 5-6 working days, the last 2 orders never got to me at all.
    2-3 days with amazon when i ordered from them what play couldnt deliver.
    Only recently i recieved my order for rock band foot pedal replacement two days after oprdering it,checkout this thread to see i aint crap talking :)http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055967030

Good stuff that you have been lucky with play but like you i never had trouble before even though a friend was always complaining about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You waited 12 years and wouldn't pay an extra few euro to get it on release day?
    I waited this long, whats a week? Let alone 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

there could be a Zerg rush!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

It's finally on its way!

....that's what she said! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

EnterNow wrote: »

Had an order from Amazon ship last Sunday and arrived Tuesday morning. That was for 2 DVD's, 1 Blu-ray and a book, all Super-Saver Delivery.

Only time I ordered from Play, it was delivered by a courier company they charged me extra for that failed to deliver it twice before they sent it to me 3 weeks late. Even had a nice "DO NOT SEND BACK TO LIMERICK" message on it. And the packaging was half opened. Only ordering from them if they have a REALLY good deal on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

You waited 12 years and wouldn't pay an extra few euro to get it on release day? Play won't have it to you until two or three days after at the earliest.

I actually don't have time to play it until next weekend, so a day or two isn't going to matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I have my install ready to go. Just have to wait to 9am Tuesday
    same here :)

I read the thread title again and thought somehow you might be talking about Episode 3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Was reading the strat guide today, certainly looks cool. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Last game I ordered on play (APB) took 2 weeks

Was that the info and features on the official SC2 site or somewhere else?
    Just wondering is all as im a total SC noob , looking for as much help as possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

No the actual strat guide that will be for sale on tuesday.

I'm a total noob with SC too, so I was trying to get all the help I could!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dcully wrote: »
    Was that the info and features on the official SC2 site or somewhere else?
    Just wondering is all as im a total SC noob , looking for as much help as possible :)

day[9] TV is all you need.

He is one of the best shoutcasters. Much better then HD and Husky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

link ? ..or is this like a Prima strat guide you bought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

So, I'll ask the traditional release day question on behalf of all the thriftier boardsies...anyone know of any bargains going on this? ;) HMV likely to have it cheaper than elsewhere as is usual these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well ita hardly going to sellout anywhere so I'd say youd have plenty of time to shop around for good pricing, as much as these games have the hype and well deserved, they never sell out, especially pc games these days.

Kinda stuck in limbo about buying it or not, I got the beta and gave it some play time and just hated it, as a warcraft 3 man I could never get into Starcraft, might pick it up and just give it a whirl for a few weeks, but its a big "meh" from me, although I'm very picky when it comes to RTS games.

If the price is right ill give it a lash ( wha wha)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

umm... StarCraft Forum anyone? :)

Last night I decided **** it and strolled into walmart - still selling the collectors edition. Score.

One of the first boardsie to install the retail game :) curses to the beta crowd.

day[9] TV is all you need.

He is one of the best shoutcasters. Much better then HD and Husky

Game2 HUK vrs TLO is epic !! On nightshift, gonna make my way through all the replays of the King of Beta tourney :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i got collectors edition myself. and i was soooooooo surprised its so unpopular here!!!

gamestop fella told me, that they got only 4 copies preordered! i was like WTF?!?!?!?! no midnight opening?

2mil preordered in europe, 8 mil preordered in korea... :eek:

i take it little by little, just campaign yet. playing wow takes moust of time now...

campaign mission are really cool. not your ussual steam roll X. It looks savage aswell, cinematic are A++ like allways.

Queen of blades looks sexy ;)

Metacritc score atm : 97 /100 !! (currently the highest scoring PC game of all time)

Lets see how it does over the coming weeks, you always get 1 or 2 asshole reviewers who just wan't to bring scores down and be controversial. It'll deffo stay over 90 though I'd say

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/starcraft2

I'll get the Collectors edition...if only for

- An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War® expansion set

How much was it btw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Metacritc score atm : 97 /100 !! (currently the highest scoring PC game of all time)

Lets see how it does over the coming weeks, you always get 1 or 2 asshole reviewers who just wan't to bring scores down and be controversial. It'll deffo stay over 90 though I'd say

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/starcraft2

I'll get the Collectors edition...if only for

- An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War® expansion set

How much was it btw ?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055977203

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055974578

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Played the opening few missions. Looks very old school, does very little to push the genre forward. I can understand the logic though, with such a dedicated fan base changing the game too much would of been extremely risky. Why attempt to fix what isn't broken, instead polish what works to a mirror sheen. Its a double edged sword and people are going criticize for not adding anything new to the genre.

Its extremely well put together. Good story driving it and the I like the menu and selectable cut scenes. I'll try multiplayer after I'm done with single player. I'm sure it will be equally well thought out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Ok, have never played starcraft and have seen the internet implode with this so i'm interested,

Without jumping down my throat and attacking me sell it to me. How is it different from Command & Conquer?

If you can sell it to me i'll buy it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Well the orginal game had a strong story in its single player game. But its massive following comes from its mutiplayer. The game is renowned in e-sports where it has a massive following particulalry in South Korea where its almost considered a national sport and pro players even becoming minor celebrities. I suppose part of the reason for its success is that its multiplayer is extremely well balanced (although it wasn't until after its expansion was released). You can be certain the multiplayer component will be well supported by Blizzard. I think SC 1 got patched last year and the game is like 10+ year old.

Blizzard with its track record of course have a massive following of their own and all their titles are criticaly and commericaly very very successfull. Also being such a long wait between its release and SC 1 also helps build alot of hype (say as in the case of Street Fighter 4, where there was a 7 year gap) as opposed to alot of series now a days that get sequels every 2nd year or even every year.

Having played it a small bit in the beta and playing the single player, my early opinions are that its not exactly a title with a lot of new features gameplay wise. Supreme Commander brought in a camera that could see the entire battlefield (I don't think you can even pan the camera in SC2 and the amount of zoom is extremely limited) Company of Heroes brought in enviroments with a a huge higher degree of destructability, that had signficant effect on tactics employed, Dawn of War 2 does away with base building to allow for greater focus on actually fighting with your troops (weather this is a good or bad idea is debateable).

There is pretty much nothing new in SC 2 so far as I can tell just old school RTS polished extremely well. Its scale of combat would be comparable to Command and Conquer, as in smaller than Supreme Commander and bigger than DOW 2 and COH. Graphically its quite nice and has reasonable system requirements. Its no COH in the graphics department but its still a pretty game. The audio is good as well with a good soundtrack too.

So if your looking for a game to play competitively this game will be huge. Just note that you can only play online with people in the same region. I.E Europe.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

So fun to play and balanced mp, I played C&C online a few times, and kept getting raped by guys who knew how to build ultra quick, but i think thats one of the flaws. Is there a demo for it. Wanna make sure it runs on my rig before going out and spending, and since it is blizzard and the missus plays WoW do you have to pay for the current MP in this one?

Advertisement