Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's finally on the way!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

allanb49 wrote: »
    So fun to play and balanced mp, I played C&C online a few times, and kept getting raped by guys who knew how to build ultra quick, but i think thats one of the flaws. Is there a demo for it. Wanna make sure it runs on my rig before going out and spending, and since it is blizzard and the missus plays WoW do you have to pay for the current MP in this one?

Was looking for a demo myself. Doesn't seem to be one :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sub forum specifically for Starcraft here for anyone who's interested.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1379
    allanb49 wrote: »
    So fun to play and balanced mp, I played C&C online a few times, and kept getting raped by guys who knew how to build ultra quick, but i think thats one of the flaws. Is there a demo for it. Wanna make sure it runs on my rig before going out and spending, and since it is blizzard and the missus plays WoW do you have to pay for the current MP in this one?

No subscriptions. There are 7-hour trial keys that people got when buying the game, though a 7gb download for 7 hours is a lot. I have one left, but may need it. I'll know in the next day or two if it's not needed.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I'm not sure what balance is currently like in multiplayer. I imagine it will take a while for them to nail it down completely but I haven't heard of anything too badly unbalanced at the moment. With these types of games you need to play for a while to learn what is and isn't as some tactics may seem unbeatable at first until you learn their counter. I'm sure there is plenty of fast pressure tactics in SC2 and I'm sure there is a valid counter to it. Rushing always has been a legit tactic in strategy games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Kiith wrote: »
    Sub forum specifically for Starcraft here for anyone who's interested.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1379

No subscriptions. There are 7-hour trial keys that people got when buying the game, though a 7gb download for 7 hours is a lot. I have one left, but may need it. I'll know in the next day or two if it's not needed.

But why would you need a trial if you have already bought the game?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

You get 2 trail codes to give to your friends, along with 2 trail codes for WOW. It allows your friends to play the multiplayer side of the game for 7 hours up till 14 days after the code is activated. They can download or use your game disk to play the trail then Its Blizzard way of promoting the game and allowing players to encourage friends they know to try playing. The first Starcraft the allowed spawn installs where with one copy you can install it on 8 machines and allow your friends to play the mulitplayer side of the game but not single player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Going through my head when reading that is, "isnt this how drug pushers get users" give them a taste for free then gouge them later :pac: hmmm, might try it at the long weekend so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yes... my boss has been asking idle questions of curiosity about this "Star Craft" :pac:

The only thing the guy plays on the PC is WoW and he's damned meticulous about his DPS, he'd take to a zerg rush like a fish to water methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Burgo wrote: »

Thanks captain obvious, but I've already seen those threads.
    Most are for online stores etc.,.with 1 reference to HMV @ 45 euro

I wanted to know about the collectors edition bought in a Brick&Mortar store.

Thanks

Advertisement