Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crutches for my back

Options
  • 23-07-2010 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

I know this is not the right place to put this post and if anyone can redirect me that would be great.
    I broke my coccyx recently and have to use crutches now for a few weeks. The problem is my hands are getting really sore and blistered. Is there any padding I can use or anything I can do about it?

Again sorry about not really knowing where to put this post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I found the soft tubing that goes around plumbing pipes to be very good with avoiding the blisters...alternatively wrap a pair of socks on each handle. HTh

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

Hmm, socks might be ideal! thanks very much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

You can buy padding for crutches designed for this, murrays medical, assist ireland those kind of places do it. You can just buy sports tape in the chemist though and wrap plenty of it around either.

Advertisement