Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gavin Grant (Bradford) found guilty of murder

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Theres a few I can think of

Tont Adams done time for drink driving
    Pennant for the same
    Joey Barton for being Joey Barton
    Big Dunc for head butting John McStay, I think that was the first time a player was jailed for something that happened on the field
    Mark Ward got 8 years for getting caught with coke, his book is very good auctually
    Lee Hughes got a few years for killing someone in a car crash
    Stig Tofting, think it was assault or something, the lads crazy anyway
    Jan Molby did a few months for drink driving
    I think marlon King is in prison now
    Gary Charles was in jail too, dont know for what though
    That man utd youth player Mads Timm was locked up after a car crash I think, only reason I remember him is Champ' Manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

N'Zogbia may have been on the verge of a jail sentence for getting someone else to do his driving test for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

One of the Villa lads had a visit from the cops last season (cant remember who at da mo) for something like an armed robbery/somethign with a gun. One of the reserves?

Some lad down the divisions in England can sent down for 12 weeks for something and engineered a move (and didnt tell his new team that he would be doing some time) Heard this last week.

the fuzzy details is due to some time in ze pub this avo. either google or my brain might be working later 2mrrw.

Pennant had the ankle braclet iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Marlon King is no stranger with the law either. Has done a lot of scummy things. Not sure if he is out of jail yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Patrick Kluivert was convicted for manslaughter from a car accident, never got jailtime though.

Steve Finnan was charged with dangerous driving from a fatal collision a few years back but it never went to court

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

steven gerrard guilty of impersonating a footballer (very badly) this past year :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Glen Johnson footballer/criminal mastermind was caught robbing a toilet seat from B&Q, just got a fine though
    steven gerrard guilty of impersonating a footballer

What, you mean like this??

article-0-003C25D900000258-793_468x311.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

There is the Brazilian keeper who has been charged with his wife's murder, he is almost certain to go down.
    Then Ribery and Benzema have been charged but are certain to avoid prison.
    There was keeper with Plymouth (I think) who was jailed for killing a family in a car crash a fee years ago, was made more known because his mate celebrated a goal by giving the cuff sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

few irish lads could go in there ie playing in ireland.

Paul Dunphy for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Eddie Van Boxtel another one. Cant find out any info on how that case ended though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    There was keeper with Plymouth (I think) who was jailed for killing a family in a car crash a fee years ago, was made more known because his mate celebrated a goal by giving the cuff sign.

It was the Plymouth keeper alright. Luke McCormick. Caused the death of two young boys when he fell asleep at the wheel after drinking all day at a wedding. Seriously injured the dad aswell. He got 7 years for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Bradley Wright Philips & Nathan Dyer were both arrested for thieving 2 barmaids handbags . Not sure if they got jail though , pretty scummy thing to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Eddie Van Boxtel another one. Cant find out any info on how that case ended though

Wow I never knew that. I remember him from his Dundalk days.

Found a few pieces on him -

http://www.eddievanboxtel.bravepages.com/newsclip2.gif

He fathered his first kid at 13! :eek:

Saving a peno from Eric Cantona in a friendly -

cantona_save2_big.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Wow I never knew that. I remember him from his Dundalk days.

Found a few pieces on him -

i played against him loads of times in the LOI but i remember playing against him as a schoolboy,he was Home Farm and i was Belvo,he was a nut,wouldn't stay in his goal and there would normally be some sort of scrap guaranteed...........oh the good ol' days
    great keeper,pity bout the head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Saving a peno from Eric Cantona in a friendly -

cantona_save2_big.gif

Does that link work? Cantona was good but I didnt know his shot could impregnate a man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

13! I didn't even know what other things my willy was for back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    There is the Brazilian keeper who has been charged with his wife's murder, he is almost certain to go down.
    Then Ribery and Benzema have been charged but are certain to avoid prison.

Tim Cahill did the cuff sign after his brother was put away for 6 years for partially blinding some guy when he kicked him in the face

Advertisement