Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 on a Friday evening

Options
  • 23-07-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Going from Cork to Belfast next weekend, and I'm trying to judge the traffic around the M50 and M1 on a Friday evening. I can leave work at lunchtime and be hitting Dublin traffic around 3-4pm or I can hang around and be in Dublin by 7ish. I can't go any later than that, have to be up north by 9.30pm. Is it useless trying to judge anything in this particular window, so I should just suck up delays and so forth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The M50 is a lot better than it was in that respect. You can come inbound to newlands cross and make it straight through the lights now without stopping even on a friday evening. I would leave around lunchtime and just take your time, you wont have to be rushing, you will be there for plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Tks Davey. I guess my main concern was that I leave at lunchtime and then get stuck for 3 hours and arrive in Belfast at the same time as if I'd left after work. You're probably right though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

M50 isn't half as bad as it used to be so don't worry, you won't be stuck on it for hours. You're probably better off being in Dublin around 3 than 7 on a Friday evening though I'd say. Not a huge difference but it should be a bit quieter. Safe driving!

Advertisement