Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maidston Region Free Blu Ray Player €69.99

Options
  • 23-07-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Picked this up in HMV Swords for €69.99, region hackable by remote code

With no disc loaded 973501 for Region A
    973502 For Region B

Currently watching the Blade Trilogy on Blu Ray (Canadian Release), sweet.

Build quality is reportedly patchy and the player is a bit noisy due to an internal cooling fan but there's a 12 month warranty with it so not too many worries at this price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

nice one been looking for one for ages, can it be unlocked for dvds too???

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

To enable Region A Blu-ray playback:

1. Make sure there is no disc loaded.
    2. Enter: 973501 on the remote

To switch back to Region B playback:

1. Enter: 973502

The fifth digit is the DVD region code - 0 for multi-region, or 1 to 5 if you have problems with region 0 playback.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Saw this in HMV Grafton St today. Can you play divx etc via the USB connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Is this a rebadge of the Momitsu player, like the foehn & hirsch?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

I've heard it uses the same Broadcom chipset as the momitsu but it's not a rebadge as such, it's been tweaked in different area's. I've also heard if you try to put the momitsu firmware on it you can do so but you lose the functionality of other things like the remote control or the region free hack!

You can play DIVx and MKV through the usb slot, I watched the latest futurama episodes in MKV at the weekend with no problem, even the ps3 can't play mkv's yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Got 1 of these a week ago, haven't noticed any issue's with it yet, though I've just used it a couple of times.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Will it play big MKV 1080p files? I suppose it'd need to be able to read USB drives that don't use FAT32 to get over the 4GB limit.

EDIT: nm, from reading the F&H thread, MKV file limit is 2GB, shame

Advertisement