Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lyrath Hotel

Options
  • 23-07-2010 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi

I saw on the website for the Lyrath that it has a gym. I am jus wondering can you pay to jin this gym for a year or is it guests only? I presume its guests only but I said I would check.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Think it's just guests. I was a member of the River Court gym, and they ceased membership to all but guests after the Lyrath was completed. They're owned by the same man, so I presume the policy is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

According to the radio ad for Lyrath, they have dogs that you can walk.

I'm not even angry, I'm just impressed. And kinda confused.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Threadhead wrote: »

I'm not even angry, I'm just impressed. And kinda confused.

tbh them lending you dogs to walk seems like an insurance nightmare, what happens if one bites you?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I had friends who stayed there recently and said the dogs just kinda hang around. They (my friends) went for a stroll around the grounds and the dogs just tagged along after them. They sound like nice, non-bitey dogs! :D

Never seen them around anytime I've been there though.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Now that you mention it, I've seen dogs (labs?) lounging around near the yew trees at the front lawn.. also hanging about in the back of an estate car or jeep one time?
    From my memory, they'd be too lazy to bite.. looked very contented with their lot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

If they do belong to the hotel its a stroke of genius. Much better to walk anywhere with a dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Threadhead wrote: »

yes, its great fun

Cujo3.jpg

cujo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Barname wrote: »
    yes, its great fun

Cujo3.jpg

cujo.jpg

Awwwww look at the puppy

(Assumes movie trailer man gravelly voice)

This summer in Lyrath, the dogs walk YOU!!!!

In Lyrath, no one can hear you scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Gravel-voice man is called the boom boy. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVDzuT0fXro

Anyway, I can't say enough about the lyrath dog rental.

I regularly rent a dog and bring it to various roundabouts around the city enviorns where I tie it up and stand for a few hours with my shirt off.

It's an excellent way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

• Advertisement

Ah, so you're Pa Clowry. It all makes so much sense now. A fine and dignified gent for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Actually there's a group of us that do it, but we look very similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Don't forget the added bonus of proffering endless random banter at unsuspecting tourists who happens to momentarily dote on said canine.

And you seem so friendly and jovial and then BAM! they're suddenly sexually assaulted and/or battered. Oh, dogs...

Jaysus guys, how does every thread descend into infamy. Infamy! You all have it in for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Infamy, you've got it in for me.......

The best song to come out of Kilkenny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-wX_zJcgLA

I prefer things done in a different kind of way.

Advertisement