Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone done any deals with the council ??

• 23-07-2010 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi there ...

I'm currently trying to buy a 2 bed apt on the affordable scheme in DLRCOCO. I've had a holding deposit on it since the end of may and have applied for my mortgage this week. I got word back this evening that they'll only give me mortgage approval for 10K less than the already discounted price. I know there hasn't been too much of a rush to buy anything these days so I'm wondering if I go to the council and tell them i only got approval for 174K rather than the 184K that they're looking for would they be open to negotiation ??
    I was also thinking of going to the developer and saying the same?? would the bank still give me the 174 if i was to buy from the developer or would i need the 8% deposit if i was to leave the council out of the equation ??
    I nearly wish i didn't find out till Monday - my head will be wrecked for the whole weekend !! anyone any advise ??
    thanks in advance
    A

Advertisement