Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bray Airshow Sunday heads up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

There's also going to be a DF weapons display at the show for the folk not that interested in planes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Capt Blackadder

Sounds like it'll be some day. Shame the rent-a-cause crusties got the Galway Air Show cancelled. The weapons display there was always great PR for the DF. And the red arrows were badass. Even had an A-10 there one year. The prospect of a B-52 in bray has me seriously tempted to go though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Sounds like it'll be some day. Shame the rent-a-cause crusties got the Galway Air Show cancelled. Even had an A-10 there one year.

They didnt. And we had plenty of A-10's over the years not to mention a B1, Starlifter etc.

A B-1? Unreal. They had a part in it.

A B-1? Unreal.

Yes we had a B1 do 2 flyby's.

• Advertisement

Anyway. That is Galway. This is Bray. What time does it kick off at?

What time does it kick off at?

Bray Airshow: http://www.brayairdisplay.com/

The Bray Air Spectacular 2010 will be held on Sunday 25th July, start time is 3.30pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 D.a.v.i.d

Any chance of free parking round Bray Head?? lol
    Heard it was a good vantage point.biggrin.gif

"Skull20" enroute from Sunderland Airshow, working London Mil Radio 280.350 just after 15:20 Out of F140 for F100, Skull just asked now to Squawk by Dublin Tower.

Talking to Dublin ATC 126.250
    Estimate for Bray is 1540 local

• Advertisement

"Skull20" down to 2000ft. Heading 300, Now on Dublin 118.500.

Requesting own Navigation, told not to pass over land, Crowd in sight VFR Flight rules for Skull20.

Charlie252 holding over Heuston Station, due in after Skull20.

Charlie252 told to hold at 1,700ft, told not to enter area until B-52 has completed flyby.

Skull20 passing 3,700 heading 140 to Flight level60

Skull20 told to turn right heading 100 and to Contact Scottish and good day from Dublin ATC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

did you see it facking awsome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

savage machine. great fly past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Where did you see it from? I was on the park up Bray head, you could see it right out over the irish sea making a low entry, huge plumes of smoke out the back of it and he gave it beans when he went past bray head.

Again a facking awsome sight! sent shivers up my spine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 D.a.v.i.d

She was a beauty, wasn`t even banking on seeing the B52! Was on bray head (very top, about level with the aircraft), indeed he gave her some welly after it past!biggrin.gif
    Made my day!

• Advertisement

Pity you didnt see the Noseart side, oh well heres one i made last week:D

E1780B1010934F3A9C219079609B5F8E-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭mervifwdc

Hot to sure hot to link to a flickr pic as its all changed since I used to do this.

anyway, pic of B52 - she's a monster!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mervcolton/4829531977/

Merv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

She was a beauty!

We finished the weapons display just before the B-52 arrived so managed to watch her approach and fly by. It was quite the sight :)

Poccington wrote: »
    She was a beauty!

We finished the weapons display just before the B-52 arrived so managed to watch her approach and fly by. It was quite the sight :)

Lovely scream from those engines and the smoke coming out, a real mean bird, the way Aircraft should be!

You should have seen her B52 Counterpart at RIAT "MT" apart from the F22 Raptor "MT" was the only other Aircraft to get people running to the crowdline at Fairford when she started to spool up the engines to full power on the runway.

Advertisement