Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friend drifting away

• 24-07-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Me and this friend are both 17. We used to be quite close but as he's become more open about his sexuality (I'm a lesbian, he's gay) he's been kind of ignoring me. He's the only friend I have who understood what I was going through and I've fallen out with all my other friends. He always going offline when I go on facebook and its just really upsetting because I thought we were good friends. Why is he doing this? Without him I have no-one. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

You might be suffocating him a bit.

You're not a couple. You might like spending a lot of time with him but he's probably trying to put himself out there a bit more, meet more people, etc. He can't do that if you rely on him so much.

Also, do you actually have much in common with him. Apart from, obviously, that you're both gay? It's possible he feels there's more to him than his sexuality. Yet maybe that's all you have in common.

I think you need to expand your circle of friends, hobbies and interests. It's not healthy to rely on one person so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 AdmiralRazor

Gay men can be extremely flaky, not to mention fickle, especially as teenagers. This guy is your only real source of support, and he knows it, so he's probably finding all kinds of reasons to avoid you. That isn't a reflection on you, it's just easy to feel, well... trapped, in that kind of relationship.

I would suggest that you try to build new bridges with the friends that you mentioned falling out with. Reconciliation can be extremely difficult, but if they reciprocate, you'll find the friendship is stronger than ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I am sorry he is doing this to you :(

Sometimes people need some time alone..... I hope this is all he is going thru :)

Good luck :)

Advertisement