Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hello ??? anyone ???

Options
  • 24-07-2010 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Anan1 wrote:
    Hi robbie_998,

You have been banned from Motors for the following duration:

7 Day(s)

for the following reason:

Sexism

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 7 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the alloted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

I mean really.

im banned for 7 days for sexism on the youtube clip ?

thats a bit over the top now don't you think ?

if thats the case why is a huge number of people from the RSA advert thread and The RSA complaint thread no also banned ?

i did apologize in advance and i am saying sorry again now.

i would also like to add my post that got me banned got 2 "thank you"'s and another person on thread complained about the ban aswell.

are the 3 people who said thanks going to be banned ?

seriously i do think this one is unfair.

thank you.

I did already PM the mods in Motors but they are now ignoring me.

Anan1 just hasn't bothered at all to get back to me even though he was active quite a bit and eoin answered my first 2 pm's but after that he started ignoring despite being online also.

whats going on here ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Please follow the Dispute Resolution Procedure, which is linked in my signature.

However, looking at your post, you stated in advance that this was going to get you in trouble, you got in trouble, now you are kicking up a fuss.

Seriously?

Grow up. You are on thin ice as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Please follow the Dispute Resolution Procedure, which is linked in my signature.

However, looking at your post, you stated in advance that this was going to get you in trouble, you got in trouble, now you are kicking up a fuss.

Seriously?

Grow up. You are on thin ice as it is.

grand i'm getting in trouble for that then... what about the other 3 threads and all the posters in them about the RSA adverts and so on ?

are you telling me nothing is going to happen to them when i get a ban for 7 days for a small statement that wasn't even much to begin with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

robbie_998, I wasn't ignoring you, I just hadn't gotten around to replying to you - you only sent the message last night.

To answer your question - I'm not going to overturn a ban made by another mod. So contact the CMods of the rec category and see what they say.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

robbie, you know the drill by now. If you have a problem with the moderation and haven't received a satisfactory reply, PM the CMods. If you're still not happy after that, come back to this thread and an admin will review things for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

eoin wrote: »
    robbie_998, I wasn't ignoring you, I just hadn't gotten around to replying to you - you only send the message last night.

To answer your question - I'm not going to overturn a ban made by another mod. So contact the CMods of the rec category and see what they say.

cheers.
    Zaph wrote: »
    robbie, you know the drill by now. If you have a problem with the moderation and haven't received a satisfactory reply, PM the CMods. If you're still not happy after that, come back to this thread and an admin will review things for you.

and didn't think i'd be worth wasting their time... thought i could just get it done easier here as theres a lot more of you guys available.

• Advertisement
Advertisement