Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident att Shannon Banks Petrol Station

• 24-07-2010 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭

Just passed petrol station at Shannon Banks - Garda cordon set up and forensics - anybody know what happened? Can't be good

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Heard about it on today fm, mind is not so good at this time. But as this happened in clare, can it please be moved to the Clare forum???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ridiculous to move this to the Clare forum FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

little scumbags i hope the guards gave them a few slaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I started this in the Limerick forum - while technically in Clare by a few metres - this is without doubt a Limerick incident caused by Limerick knackers - why brush it over to the Clare forum?! (and I am from Limerick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

technically they are shannon banks knackers which is clare but ya limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

kilburn wrote: »
    technically they are shannon banks knackers which is clare but ya limerick

Well it falls under the area governed by Mayorstone Garda Station and there is talk that the little scummer arrested and being questioned is from a Limerick family.

Plus it would seem that it is on the cards that Shannon Banks and Westbury are going to be moved from being under Clare CC to falling under Limerick CC.

So I see no point in trying to pass off the incident as being a Clare problem, when it looks like the scum that attacked the kid may not be from Clare at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

Melion wrote: »

Ridiculous modding as can be seen by the thanks to your post.
    Then again that's not unusual given 1 particular mod (i think we all know who i mean).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Melion wrote: »

Why? It happened in Clare, so is Clare relevant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

munster scum is munster scum, regardless of the county! i jest of course but worth the ban :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

What infractions were handed out, by Who and why?

Lets all be open and honest with each other here, I've never, ever seen this Modus Operandi from across the entire remainder of Boards.ie????

- Its like a different Micro Site around here sometimes.

Perestroika and Glasnost.

- For the record it is my strongly held opinion, and I am of course constitutionally entitled to it, that this issue was Limerick born, bred and let off the Leash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

Raiser wrote: »
    What infractions were handed out, by Who and why?

Lets all be open and honest with each other here, I've never, ever seen this Modus Operandi from across the entire remainder of Boards.ie????

- Its like a different Micro Site around here sometimes.

Perestroika and Glasnost.

- For the record it is my strongly held opinion, and I am of course constitutionally entitled to it, that this issue was Limerick born, bred and let off the Leash.
    I got a month from Limerick City.
    I then got a warning from here from a different mod.
    Can i say this without getting another ban?????:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Perestroika and Glasnost? Raiser, you're consistent, if nothing else! :p

I gave out the cards in this thread. They were issued for back seat modding and for making insinuations about a forum moderator.

The Limerick fora may appear to be a "different micro-site" from time to time because many posters do not venture into other sections of the site. As such, people are not as familiar with how things are supposed to be done. I believe this is also the result of several years of inconsistent moderating.

I'm making every effort to be fair, honest and co-operative when dealing with issues like these. I've made it clear in the Limerick City Forum Charter that I can be contacted by PM if anyone has a question about a moderating decision. Questioning decisions on-thread is not permitted on any section of Boards.

With regards to this particular incident:
    If people feel so passionate about discussing this as a Limerick City issue, just use the thread in that forum. It's so simple it's not worth getting worked up about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Lads look, look, the Limerick crowd are trying to take over Clare again, we'll have to start a petition or something :)

Now everyone knows that Shannon Banks is in Clare when something good happens, or someone is good at sport, but when something bad happens (or involving Ireland's got Talent or whatever) Limerick can have it, simple as :)

In all seriousness, doesn't matter where the attack happened, I just hope the young lad pulls through and is ok as well as that the scum that did this get jail time, I don't think geographical politics or where threads go on boards is going to make any difference to any of the people/families involved

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

With regards to this particular incident:
    If people feel so passionate about discussing this as a Limerick City issue, just use the thread in that forum. It's so simple it's not worth getting worked up about.

Why is the thread still opened in Limerick City? It happened in Clare apparently :confused:

Advertisement