Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD "Schemes"?

Options
  • 24-07-2010 4:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

couple of questions, probably out of luck but no harm in asking!

first of all, i'm wondering if there is any kind of UCD laptop scheme where you can get a cheaper deal by ordering through the college? I'm sure i've heard of schemes like this in other colleges.

secondly [and going out on a limb here] i don't suppose there is any similar scheme for purchasing a bicycle? [student version of the bike2work scheme]

and thirdly, is it true that you can get a tax refund for 20% of the tuition fees? again, someone mentioned this in passing and i haven't found anything about it on the UCD site [but i find the UCD rather maze-like!]

thanks for any/all info!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭n2o

first of all, i'm wondering if there is any kind of UCD laptop scheme where you can get a cheaper deal by ordering through the college? I'm sure i've heard of schemes like this in other colleges.

Apple and DSS run offers for UCD students. The DSS one is from last year but no doubt there will be one this year too. I thought Dell had something but I can't find anything. You'll get info on these schemes at one of the stalls at the start of term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

n2o wrote: »
    Apple and DSS run offers for UCD students. The DSS one is from last year but no doubt there will be one this year too. I thought Dell had something but I can't find anything. You'll get info on these schemes at one of the stalls at the start of term.

Here's Dell's page for UCD students

http://ireland.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/emea/topics/events/ie/en/ucd_promo?c=ie&l=en&cs=RC1078533

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is that Dell one the one where they "advise" that you need all these extras for college, only to use them for exactly nothing? Although guess that can depend on the subject too.

Advertisement