Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Caravan Parks Electrical Hook Up

• 24-07-2010 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

With Electrical Hook Up Charges now at 4 euro per day, here is a tip on how to get value for your money. Normally a motorhome plugged into the hook up only uses electricity for the fridge. I carry a small two ring electrical cooker which sits on top of my gas cooker. After all one is paying for the electricity so why not use it to its full potential.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭TigerTim

We also use an electric kettle & toaster.

T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

In winter when I would definitely use most gas anyway, if on a campsite and hooked up I always make sure to bring a good electric oil filled radiator and have no problem leaving it on all night.
    I would say a handsome profit still made by the campsite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

We have one electric ring and the three gas,we use the lecky ring, Microwave, and electric kettle on camp sites always.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DVD2009

would a microwave be ok , we have been ib places where our kettle trips the site hook up box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

DVD2009 wrote: »
    would a microwave be ok , we have been ib places where our kettle trips the site hook up box.

Depends on the hook up. It varies between sites. Some have 4 amp, 6 amp or 10 amp hook ups. You should be ok on a 10A hook up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

We never had a problem with the microwave either at home or abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭vedwards

DVD2009 wrote: »
    would a microwave be ok , we have been in places where our kettle trips the site hook up box.
    Kettles are notorious for tripping ELCBs or Earth Safety Devices as an earth leak occurs in the element or water causes arcing or carbonisation. Steam irons are not far behind. Though a microwave oven will generate high voltages they are low or efficient on consumption. The next time it trips on the camper site ask was it the earth leakage circuit breaker or over current breaker that tripped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyBananas

Old Timer wrote: »
    I carry a small two ring electrical cooker which sits on top of my gas cooker.

Hi, Where can I buy one? (Thanks in advance)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Hi, Where can I buy one? (Thanks in advance)
    Argos might have them. Going back circa 10 years, I had a double plug in electric hob in a flat brought in Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

They have what they call "boiling rings" in the current argos catalogue, circa €40 for a double.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyBananas

Macy0161 wrote: »
    They have what they call "boiling rings" in the current argos catalogue, circa €40 for a double.

See below links. Just bought the €38.99 one, which seems to be working fine. My thanks to the highly considerate OP.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500002451&langId=-1&searchTerms=4235314

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500002451&langId=-1&searchTerms=4232654

Advertisement