Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you like to see a Big Brother 12???

Options
  • 24-07-2010 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was looking at the viewing figures for big brother they are at about 2.5 million avg. Jonathan Ross's fri night show averaged 3.5 (which i thought would have been much higher). Big Brother averaged over the last 10 years about 4.5 million.

I don't watch the show from start to finish but i like it and tend to follow it each year.

Would people like to see it back for 1 more series or will you be glad to see the back of it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I know C4 are finished with it after BB11, but isn't there talk of another station (like Sky) showing an interest? I think a new house, new selection process, new rules, new production team, new presenter etc. etc. could reinvigorate the show. Maybe after a year off though, yeah? :)

If Sky take it over, who'd take over from Marcus Bentley and Davina McCall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

I hadn't heard about sky's interest. Davina would be desperate for the job if it moved to sky... she already does a show there.

Yeah, It prob would need a break of a year or 2 if its moving channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

The fella that bought Five yesterday in the UK said that it was on his shopping list. Weird too that Endemol (its makers) just renewed the lease on the house for another three years isn't it?

I think we will be seeing it next year for sure.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I think it's had its day..

I've only been watching it avidly this year cause my social life has been put on the back burner :D but I haven't been interested in it really since around 2006.

Couldn't tell you who was even in it last year.. So no, I personally won't miss it..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Might repackage it under a different name, different format

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

If they bring it back...have a iron clad contract that NO ONE can profit from BB, be it shoots or magazine deals, NO ONE with any prior connections to the media in any form....that would weed out the wannabes and desperados.

For years now it's al been housemates who go on the show to either boost their profile, or get a career...as the editor of ZOO said, BB is nothing more then a breeding ground for glamour models.

The infamous PEJ (Phil edgar "scumbag" Jones) resigned from Endemol in the last few days, thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

If they bring it back...have a iron clad contract that NO ONE can profit from BB, be it shoots or magazine deals

I doubt this could be legally put into a contract. Stopping someone earning legitimate money is a no-no surely?

I like a lot of what they've done with the program this year (despite only seeing a fraction of the amount that I normally do).

They've experimented successfully with the highlights program, things like the Come Dine With Me and Pineapple Studio episodes where the highlights was done in the style of those programs rather than BB. The Save and Replace was a good idea as well. Even the selection of housemates was more reasonable, no total freaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It'd be crap if Five bought it - we don't get that here...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I doubt this could be legally put into a contract. Stopping someone earning legitimate money is a no-no surely?

I like a lot of what they've done with the program this year (despite only seeing a fraction of the amount that I normally do).

They've experimented successfully with the highlights program, things like the Come Dine With Me and Pineapple Studio episodes where the highlights was done in the style of those programs rather than BB. The Save and Replace was a good idea as well. Even the selection of housemates was more reasonable, no total freaks.

Surely they could have HM's sign a exclusive contract for the length of the show ie evicted HM's are only allowed to do approved interviews when the show is running ,but are free agents at the end of the series .

Also if sky took over we have panels , replays and evictions would become " real six pointers " or " the biggest game of the series so far "

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Surely they could have HM's sign a exclusive contract for the length of the show ie evicted HM's are only allowed to do approved interviews when the show is running ,but are free agents at the end of the series .

Also if sky took over we have panels , replays and evictions would become " real six pointers " or " the biggest game of the series so far "

My gut instinct would be that No, such a contract couldn't be done. Its effectively forcing someone to stay in one job (BB (ex)housemate) when they want to move to another job (tits out model in Nuts). And I think that might be illegal - I could well be wrong.

Its a moot point though as I think Channel 4 like feeding off the whole Nuts/Heat/NOTW thing as it keeps BB in the headlines for the summer.

Agree with you about Sky - BB would be a perfect fit for it, Highlights program on Sky1, BBLB type programs on Sky2, and multiple other channels to advertise it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,085 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It'd be crap if Five bought it - we don't get that here...

This.

Might as well ditch it altogether if Five get it. What's their viewership, 1.5 million? Haha instead give it to TV3!!!!! :D Let half the house be Irish see what happens. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

A total revamp would be great, Davina mccall is embarrassing imo!

I would watch it again though! I'm sad like that :D:D

Advertisement