Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attack in Corbally

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

The irish mail on sunday said yesterday

'17 year old who caused the attack is a disturbed young man who has been in state care since begining of year.
    There will be a lot of questions to be answered by HSE.
    The 17 year old had also been associated with man recently convicted of murder.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

That shambles of an orgainsation (HSE) would want to be disbanded fairly lively as it's a complete smoke screen & from what I have seen nobody has direct responsibilty for anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I dont think directing blame at the HSE will do much good, this question will be on the repeat all the time. Is it the parents fault? The boys own fault? or the HSE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

State care by the HSE translates as "out on the street doing what they like with no supervison."

The HSE are utterly incompetant and unfortunately we are now seeing the results.

Many of these youths have been abandoned by their parents, abandoned by the HSE and left to their own devices. It should be no surprise when they turn out like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

RonMexico wrote: »
    State care by the HSE translates as "out on the street doing what they like with no supervison."

The HSE are utterly incompetant and unfortunately we are now seeing the results.

Many of these youths have been abandoned by their parents, abandoned by the HSE and left to their own devices. It should be no surprise when they turn out like this.

I have no love for the HSE and the way it is run, but the HSE did not make the scumbag do the damage he did and it should not be used as some kind of excuse for his actions.

It is not as though the little thug did not know what he did was wrong, and to take it to the level that he did with no concern for the life of another just shows him for what he is.

His frenzied unprovoked attack was nothing short of attempted murder in my eyes. Kicking and jumping on the head of a prone victim goes beyond the assault charges that the court decided he will be be tried for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

one trend I notice in disadvantaged areas with some folk is the blame game. It's always someone else's fault.
    The HSE has failed them, the govt has failed them etc etc. They have had more or less the same opportunities as the rest of us with regards to benefits etc, so I don't buy it anymore... Sure, there are those who fall between the cracks, but a bit sick of the blame game....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 WoodView

bet there were a few screaming skank whores egging the scumbag on ''keill heim,kiel him'' the tag along gangsta whores get an easy time of it too--they should be brought in and charged with incitement and provocation instead ot the kid glove ''sure their just little guirles''approach

I have absolutly zero sympathy for 17 year old.

But he was under the care of the HSE he should not be wandering the streets.

If he was looked after maybe there would not be a 16year old lying in hospital.

There are plenty more teenagers in IRELAND who need to be under the care of HSE, but is there really any point, if they are not looked after and left wander the streets.

I am not defending the 17 year old one little bit or making excuses for him, but there are plenty more teenagers just like him wandering the streets of IRELAND, who's going to get their head kicked in next for being in wrong place at wrong time.

I was sitting by the window of Greene's during the week and who did i see walking up William street all with big smiling faces,another group of socialy disadvantaged youths who never had a chance--the cratloe gang rapists

• Advertisement

WoodView wrote: »
    I was sitting by the window of Greene's during the week and who did i see walking up William street all with big smiling faces,another group of socialy disadvantaged youths who never had a chance--the cratloe gang rapists

That really is scarey, i think to myself how that man + woman managed to get on with their lives. I can't even imagine.

I have absolutly zero sympathy for 17 year old.

But he was under the care of the HSE he should not be wandering the streets.

If he was looked after maybe there would not be a 16year old lying in hospital.

There are plenty more teenagers in IRELAND who need to be under the care of HSE, but is there really any point, if they are not looked after and left wander the streets.

I am not defending the 17 year old one little bit or making excuses for him, but there are plenty more teenagers just like him wandering the streets of IRELAND, who's going to get their head kicked in next for being in wrong place at wrong time.

Sorry but the thug was the same before the HSE got involved. He only received housing through the HSE this year. It is not the HSE's fault that he hung out with a convicted killer, it is not the HSE's fault that his family who are not from a disadvantaged area or anything like that were not able to instill basic rights from wrongs into him. It is not the HSE's fault that the thug was known to the gardai before the HSE got involved.

Basically these thugs are treated with kid gloves and fall back on any excuse they can. They can cruise the town in cars and beat the hell out of whomever they choose and then fall back on the HSE excuse or whatever.

And for those who are saying he should have been supervised, he was being supervised when he made the attack. There were two HSE supervisors with him when he decided to do what he did, and he is shown on the CCTV cameras of the garage kicking the other guy's head and literally jumping up and down on his head.

So if this is how that animal acts whilst being with HSE workers, who knows what he would have done if it was some little dark alleyway.

The front page of today's Limerick Leader has how he had two HSE workers with him, and how he attacked regardless of them being there to witness it. It also tells of how long the attack went on for and what he did to the poor victim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭flutered

And for those who are saying he should have been supervised, he was being supervised when he made the attack. There were two HSE supervisors with him when he decided to do what he did, and he is shown on the CCTV cameras of the garage kicking the other guy's head and literally jumping up and down on his head.

So if this is how that animal acts whilst being with HSE workers, who knows what he would have done if it was some little dark alleyway.
    The front page of today's Limerick Leader has how he had two HSE workers with him, and how he attacked regardless of them being there to witness it. It also tells of how long the attack went on for and what he did to the poor victim.[/QUOTE]
    and so begs the question, what the fcuk were the two hse minders doing,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

flutered wrote: »
    and so begs the question, what the fcuk were the two hse minders doing,

blame them because they didn't have him in chains while walking the streets?

btw could someone PM me please who knows the identity of that guy if his mother runs a well known and reputable shop in LIM? if this is the case i know that boy VERY well...

flutered wrote: »

The front page of today's Limerick Leader has how he had two HSE workers with him, and how he attacked regardless of them being there to witness it. It also tells of how long the attack went on for and what he did to the poor victim.
    and so begs the question, what the fcuk were the two hse minders doing,[/QUOTE]

The reports go that the two HSE women were screaming at him to stop and begging him to stop. By the sounds of it there was not much they physically could have done to stop the thug, and no doubt if a few able bodied men had been present and stepped in, we would have the thug trying to sue them at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Do not, under any circumstances, post rumors or speculation here

2 posts removed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

WoodView wrote: »

Jesus I cant believe these guys are out !

I also think shame on the people who stood and watched this poor kid when it was obvious that he was out cold and couldnt defend himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 VanV

seachto7 wrote: »
    one trend I notice in disadvantaged areas with some folk is the blame game. It's always someone else's fault.
    The HSE has failed them, the govt has failed them etc etc. They have had more or less the same opportunities as the rest of us with regards to benefits etc, so I don't buy it anymore... Sure, there are those who fall between the cracks, but a bit sick of the blame game....
    He is not from a disadvantaged area.
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Sorry but the thug was the same before the HSE got involved. He only received housing through the HSE this year. It is not the HSE's fault that he hung out with a convicted killer, it is not the HSE's fault that his family who are not from a disadvantaged area or anything like that were not able to instill basic rights from wrongs into him. It is not the HSE's fault that the thug was known to the gardai before the HSE got involved.

Basically these thugs are treated with kid gloves and fall back on any excuse they can. They can cruise the town in cars and beat the hell out of whomever they choose and then fall back on the HSE excuse or whatever.

You come across as knowing a lot Kess but you're actually talking a lot of sensationalist rubbish. First off this young fella is no "thug". He has no previous convictions and has no previous regarding violence. This is his first offence and this will be his first conviction. The picture you're painting of some 'animal' is utter utter bulls**t. The attack itself was animalistic, absolutely, but at the same time it was out of character. So ease up there a bit, unless of course you know the lad personally?

<snip> Too many personal details about the family involved

<snip> Please do not post details that will be likely to identify individuals. As the person arrested is 17 it is pretty much a certainty that his identity will be concealed by the courts.

His mother doesn't own any shops in Limerick either for what it's worth :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 VanV

<snip>

Insect Overlord, can't see what was in my post that could identify anyone. <snip> None of this stuff is public knowledge so how somebody could identify him is beyond me. I mentioned no names or locations.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Limerick Lass, I've removed your post because it referred to material that was removed from the previous post.
    VanV wrote: »
    Insect Overlord, can't see what was in my post that could identify anyone. None of this stuff is public knowledge so how somebody could identify him is beyond me. I mentioned no names or locations.

You have repeatedly mentioned the area the individual was living in.
    The fact that your first post was removed should have tipped you off that this information is not suitable for this forum.
    Have you considered that there might be reasons for the information not being public knowledge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Limerick Lass, I've removed your post because it referred to material that was removed from the previous post.

You have repeatedly mentioned the area the individual was living in.
    The fact that your first post was removed should have tipped you off that this information is not suitable for this forum.
    Have you considered that there might be reasons for the information not being public knowledge?

Ok but he's still a "thug" to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

So if he didn't have any previous convictions why did he have two HSE workers with him??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Millie wrote: »
    So if he didn't have any previous convictions why did he have two HSE workers with him??:confused:

maybe no foster parents able or willing to keep him due to misbehaviour? maybe they were on their way back to that home at Edward St.?

pure speculation.

not all kids in HSE care are convicted criminals...

VanV wrote: »
    He is not from a disadvantaged area.

You come across as knowing a lot Kess but you're actually talking a lot of sensationalist rubbish. First off this young fella is no "thug". He has no previous convictions and has no previous regarding violence. This is his first offence and this will be his first conviction. The picture you're painting of some 'animal' is utter utter bulls**t. The attack itself was animalistic, absolutely, but at the same time it was out of character. So ease up there a bit, unless of course you know the lad personally?

<snip> Too many personal details about the family involved

<snip> Please do not post details that will be likely to identify individuals. As the person arrested is 17 it is pretty much a certainty that his identity will be concealed by the courts.

His mother doesn't own any shops in Limerick either for what it's worth :rolleyes:

You say he is no thug. Well I guess you have different standards to me then. I have already said in this thread that since the attack it turned out that I knew of him and his family, hence me saying that they were not from a disadvantaged area.

If his little gangsta wannabe stuff before he was taken into care is normal behaviour in your eyes, then fine he is an angel who is misunderstood.

I hope the local paper decides to list some of his whiter than white past actions for you once he gets tried for this savage unprovoked attack. Two national papers did go as far as to comment on the company he is known to associate with, really classy people themselves who have made the local and national media for their criminal activities.

Out of character my arse. Have things gotten so bad that literaaly jumping up and down on the head of an unconcious boy can be described as easily as saying it was out of character?

There is only one victim in this incident, and it is not the person who had no problem brutally attacking a passer by, and leaving him in a critical condition since last Friday night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I feel left out that people seem to know who this scumbag is and where he is from and i dont :( Someone PM me :D

hes not a thug!! It was out of character!!!

All we are missing now is someone saying ''but he[the victim] must have said something to him[the thug]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

any updates on the lad who go attacked condtion?

It's really scary that it was totally unprovoked that could of been any of us, hopefully the 17 year old who did it gets a proper sentence if he doesn't its a disgracce.

Starting to feel sorry for the guards it must be very frustrating arresting guys who have 50 or sixty previous convictions who they probablt arrest on a weekly basis only to bring them to court and them to be let out and then having to arrest them again and again and see nothing done about them in the courts..

lads the main thing is that a lad is seriously injured here, cop on with the blame game who said what and who didnt say what. Most people know what happened and the history to it. Just wish the lad the best

Harpy wrote: »

It's really scary that it was totally unprovoked that could of been any of us, hopefully the 17 year old who did it gets a proper sentence if he doesn't its a disgracce.

Starting to feel sorry for the guards it must be very frustrating arresting guys who have 50 or sixty previous convictions who they probablt arrest on a weekly basis only to bring them to court and them to be let out and then having to arrest them again and again and see nothing done about them in the courts..

I have to agree a bit there with you, I had the unfortunate experience last week to attend court (as a witness) and while sitting through the sitting, I was appalled by the number of crinimals being left off. One guy was trialed by video link from the prision and was barely 30, he had over 100 convictions!! All he got was a big cheer from the back of the court room from a group of undesireables. Its an experience... that Limerick Courthouse!

[/B]
    I have to agree a bit there with you, I had the unfortunate experience last week to attend court (as a witness) and while sitting through the sitting, I was appalled by the number of crinimals being left off. One guy was trialed by video link from the prision and was barely 30, he had over 100 convictions!! All he got was a big cheer from the back of the court room from a group of undesireables. Its an experience... that Limerick Courthouse!

LOL tell the truth you were up for drunk and disorderly

kilburn wrote: »
    LOL tell the truth you were up for drunk and disorderly

SShhhhhhhhhh :D

• Advertisement

SShhhhhhhhhh :D

I was in the row behind ya !:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

Melion wrote: »
    I feel left out that people seem to know who this scumbag is and where he is from and i dont :( Someone PM me :D

Ditto with me please and hope the victim pulls throw makes my stomach sick to think of someone jumping up and down on his head

[/B]

That's the guy I was talking about earlier in the thread. He now has 164 convictions after his trial last week. He should be back out on the streets before Halloween.

The poor lad is still in a critical condition, and on the radio today it said he was now fighting for his life.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Dont think it was unprovoked afaik

Mc Love wrote: »

And what level of provocation would warrant such a thuggish and cowardly attack?

Maybe skipping the line in the shop ahead of him? Looking at him the wrong way? Throwing a "what are you looking at?" type comment?

No normal person would do that kind of damage for the length of time that he did. Anyone can make a mistake in the heat of the moment and have their temper snap, but to go and attack somebody, and then continue to attack when the other person is out cold and not moving?

No teenage comments or looks warrant that kind of savage attack.

No doubt the attacker will run with the whole he is sorry line and have a list of excuses made for him so that he is back on the streets within a few months at most.

If the same attack had taken place in some secluded area away from cameras and witnesses I bet there would be no remorse or coming forward, all there would be is a young boy fighting for his life.

If a person is prepared to attack somebody in a manner that can kill them, then a person should be prepared to be tried in court for that level of crime and take the full punishment for the crime.

If the attacker had been 18 and say from Southill, then his name would be in the papers and no excuses would be made for him. His home area would be used against him.

But at 17 and from a supposedly better area, he can be treated like a child despite commiting a very adult crime.

And what level of provocation would warrant such a thuggish and cowardly attack?

Maybe skipping the line in the shop ahead of him? Looking at him the wrong way? Throwing a "what are you looking at?" type comment?

No normal person would do that kind of damage for the length of time that he did. Anyone can make a mistake in the heat of the moment and have their temper snap, but to go and attack somebody, and then continue to attack when the other person is out cold and not moving?

No teenage comments or looks warrant that kind of savage attack.

No doubt the attacker will run with the whole he is sorry line and have a list of excuses made for him so that he is back on the streets within a few months at most.

If the same attack had taken place in some secluded area away from cameras and witnesses I bet there would be no remorse or coming forward, all there would be is a young boy fighting for his life.

If a person is prepared to attack somebody in a manner that can kill them, then a person should be prepared to be tried in court for that level of crime and take the full punishment for the crime.

If the attacker had been 18 and say from Southill, then his name would be in the papers and no excuses would be made for him. His home area would be used against him.

But at 17 and from a supposedly better area, he can be treated like a child despite commiting a very adult crime.

This attack was technically unprovoked but their is history between the people involved, thats what McLove is trying to say !

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Gardai are examining CCTV footage recorded at the filling station on the night as part of their investigation in what is believed to have been an unprovoked attack.
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Frenzied-fourminute-attack-on-teenager.6440632.jp

@Killburn: You posted that as I was gathering the info :p I see your point.

This attack was technically unprovoked but their is history between the people involved, thats what McLove is trying to say !

If there was no provocation on the day, then the attack is unprovoked. A "history" between people does not change a thing when it comes to such a svage attack. Normal people don't attack like animals and it is only sheer luck that the attack did not result in death at the time.

What happens the next time he crosses paths with somebody he has a "history" with? Would the fact there is history be an excuse again?

Loads of normal people have "history" with other people they don't get on with, but they don't attack them like animals when they see them.

Any person who thinks they can attack another person like that and then does so, should be locked up for it.

• Advertisement

If there was no provocation on the day, then the attack is unprovoked. A "history" between people does not change a thing when it comes to such a svage attack. Normal people don't attack like animals and it is only sheer luck that the attack did not result in death at the time.

What happens the next time he crosses paths with somebody he has a "history" with? Would the fact there is history be an excuse again?

Loads of normal people have "history" with other people they don't get on with, but they don't attack them like animals when they see them.

Any person who thinks they can attack another person like that and then does so, should be locked up for it.

Kess relax the rant, I am not going into details on what happened but the history is very serious and prison sentences are involved. Use your imagination and think about other serious incidents in the area in the last year or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Kess relax the rant, I am not going into details on what happened but the history is very serious and prison sentences are involved. Use your imagination and think about other serious incidents in the area in the last year or so
    This has nothing to do with the Roman Vysochan murder trial, just a coincidence. The assailant is just a psychopath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Mods close this thread as I think its incentive by Clare people (sad I know) to further drag Limericks name into the gutter.

The fact remains, regardless of where the people involved are from, it happened in County Clare!

I have lived in Westbury for 16 yrs and never once considered it Clare.. It's a suburb of Limerick... Any news on the young lad?? I was away when all this happened.

Not commenting any more the facts are well known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

just read this forum, very sad, and i hope the young lad injured makes a full recovery, im going to ul in sept as a mature student, so will be moving to limerick, a few houses that popped up in my search on daft are this Corbally area, is it a safe area, this incident being a once off for the location i presume,

The victim is 16 and the attacker is 17, so how can either have served time in prison when the legal age for serving a prison sentence is 18?

• Advertisement

BOBBY wrote: »
    just read this forum, very sad, and i hope the young lad injured makes a full recovery, im going to ul in sept as a mature student, so will be moving to limerick, a few houses that popped up in my search on daft are this Corbally area, is it a safe area, this incident being a once off for the location i presume,

Young lad was stabbed to death two years ago a few hundred yards from the site of the recent attack.

Would not regard the Corbally area as being especially dangerous though, a few dodgy spots like most places, but would say that it is grand for the most part.

The victim is 16 and the attacker is 17, so how can either have served time in prison when the legal age for serving a prison sentence is 18?

Nobody said either of these people served a prison sentence !

BOBBY wrote: »

Bobby, Corbally is very safe dont worry about the area at all.

Nobody said either of these people served a prison sentence !

My mistake, I just took it that way from how you phrased it. Look it makes no difference anyway, nothing excuses the attack and the way it continued after the victim was out cold.

People who think that kind of violence is the answer should not be on the streets.

My mistake, I just took it that way from how you phrased it. Look it makes no difference anyway, nothing excuses the attack and the way it continued after the victim was out cold.

People who think that kind of violence is the answer should not be on the streets.

I agree with you totally !

• Advertisement
Advertisement