Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom router and portforwarding

• 24-07-2010 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all can someone point me a good router that would be good for portforwarding i have try couples of netgear and zytel ,also netopia from eircom,i have no joy please i need to open about 4-5 port on my router ,please any recomendation is wellcome
    note : i was able to port only 1 port with zytel from eircom and netopia.and i would need to open more but no joy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Any router that can run custom firmware like DDWRT or OpenWRT is recomended. People frequently recomend the Linksys WRT54GL or the Buffalo WHR-HP-G54. Its also possible that you would be able to flash your Zyxel or Netgear with custom firmware as a couple of their models are compatiable and would then offer tons of customization.

That being said I've never seen a router that could only support port forwarding to a single port at a time, and I've used some seriously crap routers. Are you certain that you are setting up the port forwarding correctly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 raymoreb123

Hi thank you ,this gives me courage enough to double check what iam doing i succeful portforward this router and it is the best router i ever use
    i gave peps how i did it here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67122615#post67122615

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mrfreddred

Hi all,

I just noticed a very important line the conversation feed there from someone that router only routes EXTERAL traffic. I have been testing internally all along and presumed it wasnt working. But I got a friend to test the audio stream and it is working fine.....

What a waste of at least 5 hours testing ....DOH!

Advertisement