Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No water supply

• 24-07-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Seems some folk on Ballinacurra road, Ballinacurra gardens, and Oakview Drive have no water today. Don't know if it is the full area or just parts of it.

The guys digging up the road in Ballinacurra gardens managed to damaged a water pipe and then refilled the hole that had the damaged pipe, so now there is some other crew out digging up another stretch of road trying to work their way to the damaged pipe.

Had a call from the mother about it as she is on the main road and her water is gone and she has been told that it might be back by tonight or maybe Monday.

So am just heading out now to bring water over to her place for her. I knew those containers I bought during the last freeze would come in handy again. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

She is stocked up with water now, but no sign of the water supply coming back yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Mine was off this morning and is back on now. your mother should have her water back also at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

You are in Ballinacurra or Ballinacurra gardens? Small world, think there was somebody else on here saying they were in Ballinacurra gardens before. My first house in Limerick when I moved here was on the Ballinacurra road near where my mother is.

Yeah it is back at the moment at my mother's house, but it seems the guys working at the junction of Portland Drive/Avenue have said that it may be switched off later for more works and that people may notice the water pressure dropping before the switch off.

Might be an idea to fill a bath while it is there so there is water to fill cisterns etc if the supply gets switched off again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

am on the main road. BCG is on the same water pipey thing that I am.

Advertisement