Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RC priests filmed at gay venues having "rumpy pumpy"

Options
  • 24-07-2010 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Oh yes another day another example of whats really going on.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/24/catholic-church-gay-priests-exposed

One priest, a Frenchman in his 30s identified as Father Paul, attended a party at which there were two male prostitutes then said Mass the following morning before driving them to the airport, Panorama reported. A photo on its website claimed to show the priest in his dog collar but without his trousers with a gay man who acted as decoy for the magazine. In other shots, priests were shown apparently kissing Panorama's collaborator.

Panorama is not the BBC TV programme, its an Italian weekly current affairs magazine.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Totally shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

giggidy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's worse than raping children!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I'm so surprised:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

The bloke in the pic seems to like what he sees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Gay priests. Who knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

catholic priest in not practicing what he preaches shocker :rolleyes:

Link to Italian magazine's site. NSFW. Page 3-esque nudity on page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Surely this has to be Onion journalists getting bored, I can't believe this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

niiiiiice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Damn, I thought RM stood for 'remote control'.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

more power to 'em i say.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Damn, I thought RM stood for 'remote control'.
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Hardly shocking, but is it even embarrassing any more?

I'd put the % of gay priests at between 50% and 90%. A number probably went into the seminary because that's what their mammies wanted and would be heterosexual, but most of those would have left after coming to their senses.

Has there ever been a straight, celibate priest in the history of the church, and if there was would you really want him as your local parish priest.:p

Separate discussion, but I'd say there's a greater proportion of agnostic priests than agnostics in the general population - as I'd suggest the more you study religion the more sceptical you'd have to become.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Meh.
    At least he wasn't having sex with children.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

"...the weekly Panorama, owned by Italy's prime minister, Silvio Berlusconi...
    This the same person who had/is having his own sexual antics with eighteen year olds?
    I suspect while there might be accuracy in the magazine story, it might also be serving as a diversion from his own antics that are been currently written about in their country media and worldwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Radio Controlled Priests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

Interesting statistic from the news report.
    A member of the clergy quoted by the magazine put the proportion of gay priests in the Italian capital at "98%".

And in another survey it was estimated that 2% of priests in the capital have trouble getting to sleep at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Pope Bendover the 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Pope Bendover the 1st.

Highly unlikely! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

if they are let go at each other...will they give the kids a break?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

surprise, sirprise. when are people going to realise how much of a dangerous and evil cult the catholic 'religion' is

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

surprise, sirprise. when are people going to realise how much of a dangerous and evil cult the catholic 'religion' is
    Nothing evil about being gay.
    He's hypocritical, but I wouldn't call him evil or dangerous.

I'll say once again, at least it wasn't children he was having sex with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

How has nobody else commented on the fact that the front page says "preti gay" ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

GAAman wrote: »
    How has nobody else commented on the fact that the front page says "preti gay" ! :D
    Those pictures are veri gay..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Sigh....yet another church-bashing thread :rolleyes:

So they're gay, so what? It's not crime.

And I have yet to hear a sermon preaching homosexuality is wrong and I've been going to church all of my 24 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭futonic

i guess your pp hasn't being reading out benny's letters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

GAAman wrote: »

because i ventured a guess that preti is like "prêtre" in french, meaning priest

/pedantic post :p

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭catchup

Its the hyprocisy that gets me, not the fact that they are gay. Either you are celibate or you are not. Whether you are gay or straight, any priest having sex is a hypocrite and should leave the Church.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

And I have yet to hear a sermon preaching homosexuality is wrong and I've been going to church all of my 24 years.

Thats because the majority of priests are gay and became priests to hide it, In the days when being gay was a taboo

Advertisement