Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ashes 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

How comes when Australia are beating England so convincingly there is nobody reporting on it :)

Nice win again today, but the injuries are mounting up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

If Trott is an international one day cricketer then my grand daddy is one too!

&

Morgans batting too low at 6

&

Why is Michael Clarke in Australia's one day squad for the world cup when Shaun Marsh isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭crackit

Very impressive stuff from Marsh. Much love for Watson the other day too ;)

Poor old Hauritz just has no luck. That's what you get for committed fielding a bloody dislocated shoulder! I hope he makes it back for the World Cup but knowing his luck he won't. Compare a hard working cricketer like him doing everything he can and missing out due to injury from going hard at it in the field to a lard arse like Samit Patel who'd be on a plane to India if he could stop eating pies the fat F*cker

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

30 for Doug? :D:D

I have to see this innings...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

Well done Dougie. Big effort getting 4 for as well when you look like you ate all the pies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rich1987

Two good wins for Australia, showed they can chase a big total in melbourne and now can protect a low score. Anybody see Dougie's interview on Sky? I think he was as suprised as anybody with his runs.

Injurys a concern espically Hauritz, expected to miss the rest of the series

England all over the place selection wise IMO. Bell should be opening and
    as somebody said Morgan should come in higher up.

Looking forward to Sydney now

Morgan is seen as the finisher, but I agree a move up the order for him with Bell opening and Prior dropping down could work well for them. How is Trott in the team and Cook isnt mind you?

Terribly disappointing for Hauritz obviously, really hope he can make it back for the WC as he is the best spin option around for the Aussies, Clarke is in the squad for the WC on reputation more then anything at the moment but I have faith in him to come good, he is a class cricketer and he will find form again, seen it all before with Hussey and the rest time and again, out of form, calls to be dropped, match winning innings and all is forgotten

Bopara was a surprise exclusion from the WC squad for me in relation to England, he has done quite well the last 18 months or so in the one day game, scoring runs and taking wickets, would have been a handy guy in the squad I feel

Marsh.....well, you know the Aussie selectors!

I'm afraid Straussy's captaincy has gone downhill rapidly since the Ashes....

After failing to finish off Australia in Hobart when they were 142 for 8 or something...he decides to take England's best bowler Tremlett out of the attack with Australia at 163 for 6 today with the match still in the balance....Instead he bowls out Colly and Yardy and Australia canter home and Tremlett still has an over of his 10 left:(

3-0.....the remaining 4 matches will be like whipping a dead horse:(

Whoever decided on a seven match one day series needs to be lined up and shot!

Yeah taught Strauss should have brought Tremlett in when Hastings came out.

Another good preformance in the field from the aussies, need to sort
    the batting out before the wc tho.

Delighted to see Hussey getting a good score, will be a big player at the
    world cup espically if Mike is injured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Picking Prior for the World Cup aint looking too hot of a move, two ducks now since his recall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Well to be fair he shouldn't be opening the batting either Bell or Trott should

145/2 in 23.....I reckon England will need to make about 400 to win on this belter of a pitch:D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

England get 299/8 which is below par but you never know, Watson will need to play a lot of the overs...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

3-1:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Some strange posts here:
    299 is "below par"? No, it most certainly isn't.

Trott is no one-day batsman? Of course he is. 50 overs is plenty of time to build a ton and carry through partnerships.

The one-day series' are an earner to the participating associations and the best way to take the teams 'on the road'. This is why they're vital and go as many rounds as they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

JustinDee wrote: »
    Some strange posts here:
    299 is "below par"? No, it most certainly isn't.

Well people on other forums and commentators were saying this is a 350 track,

either way it was too much in the end :)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

What does Michael Clarke have to do to be dropped?:confused:

Who would you replace Clarke with right now, I would like detailed reasoning please as I am genuinely interested to hear proper opinions on it

I am happy to keep Clarke in the team and will make a case for him to any rational poster

Rjd2 wrote: »
    What does Michael Clarke have to do to be dropped?:confused:

He won't be dropped bcos for some strange reason the Aussie selectors have earmarked him as their future long term captain

Brad Hodge will die wondering why he wasn't given even half the number of chances.....

Good innings from Trott......still not convinced that he has a long term future as a no: 3 for England but fair play to him for taking the chance he has been given

• Advertisement

booth70 wrote: »
    He won't be dropped bcos for some strange reason the Aussie selectors have earmarked him as their future long term captain
    Never mind the media opinion of Clarke. Its absolutely berserk.
    Clarke is a class player. He's just hitting some bad form at the moment. This happens to the best of 'em. The media were pretty disgusting to Tubs Taylor when he was skipper and not batting great. It was all extremely low-brow stuff.
    Then he got an amazing triple ton in India and had a great last season, still as captain too. Perfect way to shut sanctimonious wallies in the press like Ben Dorries up.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

Never mind the media opinion of Clarke. Its absolutely berserk.
    Clarke is a class player. He's just hitting some bad form at the moment. This happens to the best of 'em. The media were pretty disgusting to Tubs Taylor when he was skipper and not batting great. It was all extremely low-brow stuff.
    Then he got an amazing triple ton in India and had a great last season, still as captain too. Perfect way to shut sanctimonious wallies in the press like Ben Dorries up.

The Australian press & people like Ian Chappell want the Captain to be tough like Waugh or Border. I think there is a perception the Clarke is a wuss & he doesn't hate to lose the way the others did.

I personally think he has lost his hunger & needs to be dropped for a while. He is batting like someone that thinks he is undroppable.

He is certainly talented but that isn't worth much without putting in the hard graft.

The Australian press & people like Ian Chappell want the Captain to be tough like Waugh or Border. I think there is a perception the Clarke is a wuss & he doesn't hate to lose the way the others did.
    I personally think he has lost his hunger & needs to be dropped for a while. He is batting like someone that thinks he is undroppable.

He is certainly talented but that isn't worth much without putting in the hard graft.

I don't think there's any question of him not doing the hard yakka. He works hard at his game. You or I or especially the gutter press have no idea how he thinks however.
    No batsman really stuck out in the Ashes apart from Hussey and Watson and maybe to a lesser degree pinch, Haddin.
    The press are way over the top on this and typically so. If he starts scoring runs again, they'll be up him like a paratrooper's draft.

The media were pretty disgusting to Tubs Taylor when he was skipper and not batting great. It was all extremely low-brow stuff.
    Then he got an amazing triple ton in India and had a great last season, still as captain too.

Think it was Pakistan he got the triple ton against....wasn't it the match he declared overnight when level with Bradman on 334 n.o

booth70 wrote: »
    Think it was Pakistan he got the triple ton against....wasn't it the match he declared overnight when level with Bradman on 334 n.o
    Yep, it was Pakistan. Thanks.
    If I remember rightly he unselfishly resisted calls in the media to go for records (Bradman's and Lara's) and declared, striving for a result.

Back to back Ashes makes a mockery of the thing imo

And also, a word for Nathan Bracken who has failed to recover and has had to retire from cricket due to his knee injury

Talented player and if fit was pretty much guaranteed to be in the WC, very good in the One Day game especially

Quite annoying, Clarke looking in good touch and wickets just keep falling around him

113-4 now with all batsmen pretty much getting starts then getting out, need a good total to defend here

4-1 to Australia......

England have looked pretty hopeless all series and look like a team that cant wait to get back home....They have got the batting order all wrong with Bell and Morgs wasted at 5 and 6.....Colly's batting from memory and does not deserve a place in the team anymore even if he makes some runs in the 2 dead matches coming up

Whatever about Australia's dwindling status in test matches they start as firm favourites for next months CWC in my book

• Advertisement

Yep still a very good One Day side (Australia) and some good bowling on display earlier this morning, the first 3 wickets will leave Strauss unhappy though, poor dismissals really

Delighted to see Smithy in the wickets

Looking at the ODI's what do people think, are Australia really good or
    are England really Bad?

Australia are good, still up there in the One Day game, having said that England are not playing to their strengths in terms of batting order imo

Trotty....you continue to amaze me!.....I take back everything I said about you:)

Great start by Australia.... 1/81 of 11....this is going to a long chase though....

Hmm...would it be the highest ever total chased down in Australia if they do get it?....must look it up.

Starting to slip away now, 140 needed from the remaining 20 overs, great knock from Johnson batting at number 4 today

Australia 194-4

Maybe I spoke too soon??

Cam White has picked up where Johnson left off, hes on 20 off 20 and Clarke still going well 25 off 28, there is now 112 runs needed from just over 15 overs, if these two stay at the crease you have to make Australia favorites actually!

Should be a close finish either way

Edit: end of over 224-4

needing 110 off 15 overs

• Advertisement

lol Cam White gone first ball of next over

England back in driving seat

I get the feeling England are picking up wickets at crucial times, White looked set for a big score before he got out, Johnson was really firing and could have gone on to a much bigger score if he had connected with the Pieterson delivery :)

Hussey and Clarke in the middle, 226/5 35.4 overs

Must say, as an Aussie fan, I cannot wait for Finn to be finished his allotted overs :)

Ok here we go

10 overs remain 84 runs from 60 balls

Powerplay needs to be taken now imo, get ahead of the run rate

• Advertisement

Powerplay taken

Clarke reaaches a fifty, playing his way back into form

Need to hit some boundaries or get out, ones and twos dont cut it

thank you41 runs from the last 3 overs has put Australia in a great position Clarke is on 70 from 61 and Australia require 24 from 24 Finn back into the attack

Oh and did I mention how nice it is to see Jimmy get smashed all around the ground?

Finn has been impressive today

excellent over from Finn and he picks up Hussey (38 off 36) with the last delivery of the powerplay

could that swing it again?

Smith at the crease, Haddin will the runner for him

20 needed from18

Made some balls of that

why bring out a runner like

its amazing to think Australia have ****ed this up tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement