Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrading trek 1.5

Options
  • 24-07-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi all,
    was about to pop down bike store this morning and buy myself a well deserved 2010 trek 1.5. Have researched the bike a good bit online and decided it was the next suitable step for me. Looked at trek website and to my shock it turns out the 1.5 and 1.2 have the same frame this year! Would I be right in saying the frame of the 1.5 have always being an upgrade on the 1.2 except this year their the same?
    Any help appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It was my understanding that the 1.5 used to be their "Black" aluminium and the 1.2 the "White" aluminium while from 2010 the "Black" is reserved for the 2.x series. Whether the differences are more than a marketing tool I don't know but IIRC the 1.5 and up had neater welds. You can see the archive here:

http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/2009/archive/

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

younge wrote: »
    Hi all,
    was about to pop down bike store this morning and buy myself a well deserved 2010 trek 1.5. Have researched the bike a good bit online and decided it was the next suitable step for me. Looked at trek website and to my shock it turns out the 1.5 and 1.2 have the same frame this year! Would I be right in saying the frame of the 1.5 have always being an upgrade on the 1.2 except this year their the same?
    Any help appreciated thanks.

I think they're the same frame alrite!What price were you getting it for? The 2011 list price is €1,090

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭younge

Bought it in the end. Got it 900 euros, happy enough! Must take it for a long spin now :) . Anyone know any good sites for equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Enjoy!

There are a number of options but Wiggle and CRC (Chain Reaction Cycles) are good starting points - prices in both include delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chainring

Hi Jounge, good luck with the bike. I'm looking at one of those myself. For equipment check out www.cyclesuperstore.ie I have found them to be cheaper than CRC for many items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

zombies arise....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

he's probably on his third upgrade by now!

Advertisement