Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lansdowne Road Tickets

• 24-07-2010 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Howdy

Did anyone on the waiting list get a letter from the FAI offering them tickets for the all home games for the next year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

A chap on here said that the FAI only added a little over 100 people to the block booking list from the old lansdowne road. It seems the thousands who were added to the list for Croke park are back on the waiting list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

I got a letter yesterday just wondering did many others?

joe316 wrote: »
    I got a letter yesterday just wondering did many others?

When did you originally apply for the list ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Two different friends got letters as well offering 3 tickets for 9 matches. 1200 euro altogether I think.

They had tickets for every match in Croke Park and were on the waiting list before we started playing there - I think anyway.

redout wrote: »
    When did you originally apply for the list ?

would have been before we went to croker. Think the first match I got tickets for was the Sweden match in Lansdowne and by that stage I was on the waiting list 9/12 months

• Advertisement

would have been before we went to croker. Think the first match I got tickets for was the Sweden match in Lansdowne and by that stage I was on the waiting list 9/12 months

ah, so you were already a block booker from lansdowne road. I thought that you were referring to people who only got on the list when the move to croke park occured. That list is the most difficult of things to get on. The majority of people on the list will stay on it for life so very few spots ever open up.

ah, so you were already a block booker from lansdowne road. I thought that you were referring to people who only got on the list when the move to croke park occured. That list is the most difficult of things to get on. The majority of people on the list will stay on it for life so very few spots ever open up.

Was never a bb'er, always had WL beside my number on any form I got from the FAI even got the rejection letter saying that I wasnt getting tickets for new Aviva about 6 months ago.

Was never a bb'er, always had WL beside my number on any form I got from the FAI even got the rejection letter saying that I wasnt getting tickets for new Aviva about 6 months ago.

Ok now I am confused - the FAI have been giving you tickets since back in the old lansdowne yet you are not a block booker ? Did this letter tell you that you are now a block booker ? I dont get how they have been giving you tickets without being a block booker - never heard of that.

Ok now I am confused - the FAI have been giving you tickets since back in the old lansdowne yet you are not a block booker ? Did this letter tell you that you are now a block booker ? I dont get how they have been giving you tickets without being a block booker - never heard of that.

Yup applied to the waiting list in April 2005 was number 1,467 on the list. Got tickets for a couple of friendlies in Lansdowne (no competitive) and then tickets for all the games in Croker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I joined the block booking just before the Wales game at Croker and was on it until they took me off it due to the matches in Croker ending. I also got a letter yesterday saying i have 2 tickets per game for the new stadium cat B based on the 2 ticket alocation i had for Croker.. Its the season ticket option costing €350 which it doesnt say if thats for the 2 tickets per match or if its €350 x 2.
    9 matches in all starting with the Argentina game and ending with a June friendly next year.

I wont be taken it up.

• Advertisement

I joined the block booking just before the Wales game at Croker and was on it until they took me off it due to the matches in Croker ending. I also got a letter yesterday saying i have 2 tickets per game for the new stadium cat B based on the 2 ticket alocation i had for Croker.. Its the season ticket option costing €350 which it doesnt say if thats for the 2 tickets per match or if its €350 x 2.
    9 matches in all starting with the Argentina game and ending with a June friendly next year.

I wont be taken it up.

are they asking you to pay it all up front ?

That price would be €350 per ticket and it would be in the upper tiers.

My biggest problem with this new FAI ticketing is that the games against Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales are being charged as competitive games when in fact they aint nothing more than friendlies. This is daylight robbery by the FAI and a real pisstake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

are they asking you to pay it all up front ?

That price would be €350 per ticket and it would be in the upper tiers.

I paid mine today. It's €350 for all 9 games which works out at just under €39 per game.

You also get 10% discounts for Aviva, D4 Hotels, Umbro shop, Away games travel and Airtricity.

It seems from the letter that it could be a swipe card rather than Paper tickets used for games.

doncarlos wrote: »
    I paid mine today. It's €350 for all 9 games which works out at just under €39 per game.

You also get 10% discounts for Aviva, D4 Hotels, Umbro shop, Away games travel and Airtricity.

It seems from the letter that it could be a swipe card rather than Paper tickets used for games.

Yeah the season ticket is a credit card like ticket with your name used for all games.

Its not something that you can sell to someone should you wish to sell tickets if you cannot attend for whatever reason as you will need it back.

Yeah the season ticket is a credit card like ticket with your name used for all games.

Its not something that you can sell to someone should you wish to sell tickets if you cannot attend for whatever reason as you will need it back.

A lot of people will be stung with that. I'm lucky that I am paying for one and a mate for another so if one of us can't go it's always fairly easy for the other one to sell the ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Does anyone know if they will be reopening up the waiting list for season tickets in future years anytime soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I got the letter as well...

3 qualifiers @ €50 each

3 friendlies @ €40 each

3 games vs Norn Iron/Scot/Wales @ €40 each

Total €390 by direct debit or €350 by up-front payment.

I was a block booker from croker, but was on the waiting list for a couple of years before that while we were in old lansdowne.

I wont be taking up their offer as they are looking for up-front payment or direct debit of €49 per month for 8 months. Obviously they want a guaranteed income, but if they did it like they did in croker on a per game or set of 2 or 3 games basis, I would have probably got tickets for the matches they are proposing. I just dont want to pay upfront for them or have another DD coming out of my account....

I was offered 3 tickets.

The way i see it, is that they are desperate to sell them, so there will be a good few tickets floating about at game time... I would imagine the premium level tickets that they haven't sold will be sold on a game by game basis as well as nobody has bought those..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Third_Echelon - when did you receive your letter?

My boyfriend has been a block booker for over 10 years with the FAI and we have heard nothing from them (we haven't even been sent our Man Utd tickets yet). We've been phoning them for a few weeks now, have left countless msgs and still they don't ring ya back! And we've gone to every single match (2 tickets) for over 10 yrs (incl the recent friendlies in the RDS).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Third_Echelon - when did you receive your letter?

My boyfriend has been a block booker for over 10 years with the FAI and we have heard nothing from them (we haven't even been sent our Man Utd tickets yet). We've been phoning them for a few weeks now, have left countless msgs and still they don't ring ya back! And we've gone to every single match (2 tickets) for over 10 yrs (incl the recent friendlies in the RDS).

I got it on friday (23rd July). They were looking for payment etc by today. So 2 working days from when i received the letter. Wasn't really much time to consider it.

The date on the letter was July 16th, so it took a week to get from one side of Dublin to the other!!!! Amateurs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

I’m still waiting to get the block booking letter from them but at this stage I wouldn’t be surprised if they've lost it or just forgotten to send it. Have been going to home games for the last 14 years block booking under my own name for around 11 and in that time have missed a max of 2 matches!!! The FAI as organisations go have to be one of the most incompetent and amateur when it comes to treating its fans and loyal supporters. i had run in's with them over the Croker allocation when they couldn’t even get a pair of tickets sold together actually sitting side by side in the stadium .. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

I got it on friday (23rd July). They were looking for payment etc by today. So 2 working days from when i received the letter. Wasn't really much time to consider it.

Yup, my letter arrived this morning, which meant by the time anyone got home from work to open it, it was already too late! I'm not really surprised though, as they seemed to mess up my tickets during the period at Croke Park pretty regularly.

Lads block bookers were sent letters about tickets for the new lansdowne back in early june before the world cup started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

It's called the Aviva stadium now :rolleyes:

It's called the Aviva stadium now :rolleyes:

Its actually called the Dublin arena as per UEFA rules and I would imagine FIFA ones also. Only time this stadium will be Aviva is when Ireland play a non-competitve game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Its actually called the Dublin arena as per UEFA rules and I would imagine FIFA ones also. Only time this stadium will be Aviva is when Ireland play a non-competitve game.

Ah right... didn't realise that!

So much for my smart alec answer! :(

*legs it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Got one too. Not taking it up. Should be able to get tickets through other sources now anyway, but have decided to boycott the games until there is regime change.

Vantage = The Titanic of subscription schemes.

Hearvee wrote: »
    Yup, my letter arrived this morning, which meant by the time anyone got home from work to open it, it was already too late! I'm not really surprised though, as they seemed to mess up my tickets during the period at Croke Park pretty regularly.

Jasus, I only got mine yesterday and thought that was bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Lads block bookers were sent letters about tickets for the new lansdowne back in early june before the world cup started.

No they weren't. My bf got no letter and he's been a block booker for years. They may have sent some letters but my bf got nothing from them. How is it that people who only got onto the list for Croker got their letters and he got nothing and he was block booker for Landsdown!

No they weren't. My bf got no letter and he's been a block booker for years. They may have sent some letters but my bf got nothing from them. How is it that people who only got onto the list for Croker got their letters and he got nothing and he was block booker for Landsdown!

Typical FAI :mad::mad:

They most certainly did. I have been a block booker since the late 90's and I got a letter in early June before the World cup started in regards to ticket allocation for the new lansdowne. The forms had to be returned by around June 26th I think it was. If you got nothing then perhaps you should call out to them in abbottstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Email them and ask them.

Advertisement