Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desire is out of memory

• 24-07-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭

When I go into look at a text message I get the following error:

Unable to manage your messages because your storage is full. Please delete content from other applications to make more space.

What is the best way to get around this problem? I presume I have installed all my apps so far onto the internal memory and it is now full. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Delete applications you don't use. Delete messages you don't need. Wait for Android 2.2 and you'll be able to move (some) applications to the SD card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

blaz wrote: »
    Delete applications you don't use. Delete messages you don't need. Wait for Android 2.2 and you'll be able to move (some) applications to the SD card.

I already have 2.2 froyo installed, but I couldn't figure out how to move the apps. I deleted some there that I don't use much and its freed it up

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Do you need to partition your SD card? For apps2sd+ you do, for apps2sd you don't.

digiman wrote: »
    I already have 2.2 froyo installed, but I couldn't figure out how to move the apps. I deleted some there that I don't use much and its freed it up

You can only move apps that support it. If you go to Settings -> Applications and select a specific application, there should be a button called "Move to SD" if the application supports it.

There are ways to force applications onto the SD card, but they don't always work well so I don't recommend doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Void

blaz wrote: »
    You can only move apps that support it. If you go to Settings -> Applications and select a specific application, there should be a button called "Move to SD" if the application supports it.

There are ways to force applications onto the SD card, but they don't always work well so I don't recommend doing it.

As said above, you can't do apps2sd without partitioning sdcard. Warning: this will wipe the lot (sdcard, nothing else). Download a program called ROM Manager, it has option to do this easily. Backup sdcard first tho!

• Advertisement

Void wrote: »
    As said above, you can't do apps2sd without partitioning sdcard. Warning: this will wipe the lot (sdcard, nothing else). Download a program called ROM Manager, it has option to do this easily. Backup sdcard first tho!

That's not true. Froyo (which the op is running) supports apps2sd without any repartitioning of the SD card.

Advertisement