Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best seats

Options
  • 24-07-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys I only get to go over a few times a year max normally have to do with going to Galway United but I always go to the east stand and I was just wondering which stand is best to go to what seats?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Hey Guys I only get to go over a few times a year max normally have to do with going to Galway United but I always go to the east stand and I was just wondering which stand is best to go to what seats?

If you are looking for the best place for the atmosphere, it's got to be South Lower/Upper !! I always go to South Lower and love the atmosphere and banter. Some of the lads on here go to South Upper so they will give you the verdict on that section ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Agree with Hatch that the South Stand is best for atmosphere. That's where I always go.

Best for view would be West Stand Upper but the atmosphere is generally more reserved there, plus the ticket prices for that section are most expensive in the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Ya was looking at south stand but it was booked out game is against Wigan so west stand prices not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lets be honest lads, the ground is compact enough that you have a superb view from pretty much every seat, except maybe the restricted view East Stand seats (Pillars obscure view of one or other goal)...although I've always wondered about Block A (the one in the corner between the Paxton and Shelfside)

Myself and Dublin Spur have our STs in the South Upper, he's in the front row of Block 42 and I'm row 15 of Block 41. I love it up there, I've a fantastic view, loads of my mates sit near me and the atmosphere is usually very good.

The South and East lower blocks that meet in that corner are the best for atmosphere, but expect to stand for the entire game and the stewards can be a right pain in the arse because of that.

If you want South Upper/Lower seats you need to be online as soon as tickets go on sale, as they sell out very very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

What? Noone likes the West Stand? I wonder why... ;)

I'd agree with all the above, the South Upper/Lower is definitely the best place to go for atmosphere/banter/singing/celebrating.
    In fact the last couple of games I've made it to (damn work and that Ash cloud!) I was sitting very close to the away section, and it was absolutely brilliant. That's where I'll be aiming for when I'm booking tickets again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Claonadh1

Lets be honest lads, the ground is compact enough that you have a superb view from pretty much every seat, except maybe the restricted view East Stand seats (Pillars obscure view of one or other goal)...although I've always wondered about Block A (the one in the corner between the Paxton and Shelfside)

Hi lads,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but am just wondering about the view from Block A, particularly after reading the above post. Am there for the Villa game. I knew it was in the corner when I bought the tickets but because it was last minute, it was the only place I could get two tickets beside each other on Ticket Exchange. Not much I can do about it at this stage but can anyone give me an idea what to expect?

Also, I am in row 1 - presume that's at the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Claonadh1 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but am just wondering about the view from Block A, particularly after reading the above post. Am there for the Villa game. I knew it was in the corner when I bought the tickets but because it was last minute, it was the only place I could get two tickets beside each other on Ticket Exchange. Not much I can do about it at this stage but can anyone give me an idea what to expect?

Also, I am in row 1 - presume that's at the front?

Dont panic mate, it will be a grand view. Yes Row 1 is front row I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Claonadh1

Cheers Hatch,

I've been to West Stand twice so was just curious what it would be like over the far side particularly with the pillars etc. As someone else said it's a compact enough stadium so hopefully it won't be too bad anyway.

Advertisement