Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with spanish repeat in August!

Options
  • 24-07-2010 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have to repeat module 1 of beginner's spanish next month.

I'm trying to study on my own but it's very difficult. I gave up spanish last January after failing the christmas exam. This was due in part to a major mess up on the part of saa, some of my timetable was missing and as it was my 1st year I didn't notice until I had missed the lion's share of the tutorials.

So now I'm in a position where I have to get a minimum c3 next month to get into 2nd year. I will be examined on the first six chaptors of Nuevo Ven Uno. Sounds straightforward enough yes? I've gotten all the past exam papers and it's like looking at double dutch.

I have emailed a few people looking for advice and help but as it's summer, I'm not having much joy. I've been in to the LRA but there's sweet feck all help in there.

Can you help me? Have you done well in this module previously? Do you know anyone who is in a position to help me?

I will pay for your expertise just please get me through this exam.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Hi there

Contact Nancy Serrano (the mother). I heard that she is very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Thanks for replying, unfortunately nobody in the dept, Nancy included has come back to me regarding my numerous emails :(

If you hear of anyone else please post back on here.

I've a suspicion that because I have given up the subject no one wants to know me.

I really want to get in next year!

Again, thanks for the reply.

Hi there

I think it be best if you track it down to UL and try to meet somebody in person. Or ring first to see who is about. Some people may be on holidays and they probably not arse to reply to their emails.

Ring the departmental secretary to see if you can send an email around to the Post grads for possible grinds.

Perhaps others in your course may have solutions or answers to the past papers.

Anyway plug away with the stuff yourself.

Best of luck tho..........

YFlyer wrote: »
    Hi there

I think it be best if you track it down to UL and try to meet somebody in person. Or ring first to see who is about. Some people may be on holidays and they probably not arse to reply to their emails.

Ring the departmental secretary to see if you can send an email around to the Post grads for possible grinds.

Perhaps others in your course may have solutions or answers to the past papers.

Anyway plug away with the stuff yourself.

Best of luck tho..........

Yeah, I've been in to the edu officer and the lra. Aoife gave me some names but no joy yet.

The lra is like a ghost town and was of very little benefit.

Thanks for the good luck wishes and I will certainly plug away on my own. It's a constant worry though.

I was the only person on my course to opt for spanish last sept and since I gave it up so long ago I'm not in touch with anyone on the module.

Hi

I was talking to my Mexican housemate. She is a post grad in UL, Business thingy.

Anyway she has given grinds to people in Spanish, and she is familar with the first year module in Spanish.

Let me know if you are interest and I'll give you her details?

• Advertisement

Oh yes please! If you could drop me a pm that would be excellent. Thank you YFlyer.

Advertisement