Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone is using the ipad yet ? Live & Traktor

Options
  • 24-07-2010 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I grabbed an iPad in london more than a month ago, and waow, this is like the best controller ever.

I am running LiveControl using touchOSC - and this is the best Ableton live controller i've ever tried !!! - a good example there : http://livecontrol.q3f.org/livecontrol/

Using Osculator and my own layout for traktor - amazing as well !!!

This is a real cheaper alternative to a Lemur, I love it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Hey guys,

I grabbed an iPad in london more than a month ago, and waow, this is like the best controller ever.

I am running LiveControl using touchOSC - and this is the best Ableton live controller i've ever tried !!! - a good example there : http://livecontrol.q3f.org/livecontrol/

Using Osculator and my own layout for traktor - amazing as well !!!

This is a real cheaper alternative to a Lemur, I love it.

How much was the ipad in London?

What's the story with the rounded back on the thing, does it make it awkward to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

it was 500 euros something for the 16gig one ... not cheap cheap.

the rounded back os ok; it still stays flat. but it is better to put something at the back - i have a bag for it, so it stay on the bag ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

never fancied touchscreens for "production" or djing.

its all a bit gimmicky,no tactile response either.

i like the look of the ipad but its just a meh from me as regards production and djing

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

touchscreen as it's advantages - one of them is that it allows you to create your own layout. no wire is a really good thing as well.

I actually agree with you, but i travel a lot, and while I can't take much gear with me - the ipad fit nicely in my bag near my notebook.

Advertisement