Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Countmeout hits Australia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

It's great to see that the campaign is still going strong! I'm considering doing it myself, but there's one thing in the back of my head annoying me.

I'm currently doing my H Dip for primary education and I'm worried in the future that when I'm looking for jobs that it would be more difficult for me to find a job. I know it's shocking that this is a concern in Ireland today (just shows the power of the Church), but it is something that I'm worried about. I imagine it would be a lot easier if I was born Protestant or something, but I just reckon that defection would be viewed very negatively.

Anyone know if my concerns are valid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

They might well be. AFAIK schools can still legally discriminate when hiring staff based on the school's religious 'ethos'.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭sonicthebadger*

Galvasean wrote: »
    They might well be. AFAIK schools can still legally discriminate when hiring staff based on the school's religious 'ethos'.

They can. I had an off the record chat with a solicitor about it. I am also trying to get into Primary teaching. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Wonder if you defected could you still call yourself "non - denominational christian" or somesuch (when actually nothing of the sort) so that the employer thinks you are. I know thats telling porkies, but look at the RCC - not exactly truthful people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I guess so, but they can still say they have a 'Catholic ethos' and discriminate that way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement