Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guardian having a go at Tallaght

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Doh, I shudda remembered Wolver'ampton as an example.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

To complicate things further, Brighton and Hove, Sunderland and Wolverhampton have no cathedral but do have city status.

And Rochester used to be a city but now isn't.
    Aaa 'ere... do ya want me to be banging me head on the desk! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Pittens wrote: »
    the term village means former village. Islington has been called a village. Westminister. People call Raheny a village.

ya but in fairness like, people call dublin a town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Engelbert

How dare The Guardian take the piss out of Tallaght, OP! I'm with you on this one.

I mean, as we all know, the only mugging that goes on in Tallaght these days is actually done by the old ladies who reside there!

Kinda still means Rovers will get hammered though! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

weeder wrote: »
    ya but in fairness like, people call dublin a town

It's a confusing one, especially since technically Bargaintown has more floor space than Power City, although Power City has more technical floor space than Bargaintown.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

i love the way people in tallaght say they hate it and its a ****hole blah blah all the time and then when someone say's something about it they all jump on the band wagon and get all patriotic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

In fairness I've heard worse things said about Tallaght than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

That piece is written by a top Irish journalist in The Fiver. The Fiver is the online sports sections comedic column.

Basically don't read too much into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Engelbert wrote: »
    How dare The Guardian take the piss out of Tallaght, OP! I'm with you on this one.

I mean, as we all know, the only mugging that goes on in Tallaght these days is actually done by the old ladies who reside there!

Kinda still means Rovers will get hammered though! :(

I'm so angry, I'm actually going to rob Gianluigi Buffon when he gets here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

This is idiotic. Tallaght has a village - that does not mean that tallaght is a village.

That population figure of 100,000 is at least 10 yrs old.

I really think that it's significantly higher than that by now what with all the sprawling developments and extensions to estates reaching into the foothills etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement