Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling IKC reg Pups in UK

Options
  • 24-07-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all. I plan to sell a litter of top quality boxer pups in england (London) I know in Ireland that dondeal.ie is the best site for selling but could anybody advise a site to sell on in the london area or perhaps a good national website? All the pups will have the usual high standards and vacc's etc. I'e been told that the new owners just need to transfer the pups from the ikc to the britsih alternative and that there would be no hassle in selling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

To be honest, if your dogs are of top quality you wont have a need to advertise them as people will have already been enquiring for one of your dogs pups when you breed her.

Ypu are best to contact the boxer club of ireland and tell them you have a litter coming up and if they hear of people looking for pups to pass on your details.

But tbh, the UK have a lot of good dogs already and unless your dogs are top quality, champions at shows and so on, i cant see people wanting to buy your pups as they will have plenty to choose from in the UK already.
    Do you show your dogs, are the doing well, champions or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

very presumptuous andreac, very presumptuous indeed.

Sorry Chris, can you explain a bit more? I dont understand how i am beign presumptious?

I merely said that unless the dogs are of top quality, champions, or very good breeding there prob wont be a demand for pups from ireland as the UK will have a lot of good quality dogs already.

If you look at sites like donedeal, so many ads state top quality and champion breeding when they are far from it, so what one person thinks is top quality can sometimes be very far from that.

Again, if the op's dogs are of top quality they wont need to advertise, as people will come to them to book pups from them.
    Im involved in dog showing and breeding and know how it works and the clubs of each breed will have a waiting list from breeders if they have good quality dogs/pups so they dont have to ever advertise their litters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I am absolutely with Andreac on this one. Top quality line/pups/breeders have a waiting list an arm long and do not need to advertise.

Also, OP can correct me if I am wrong, I presume :D that the pups are docked? If so, they wont be any good in the showring in the UK as docking has been banned there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

+1 andreac.

Due to the lack of regulation and oversight here, Irish-bred dogs offered for sale in the UK may often be associated with "puppy-farms", which are illegal there but not here. A number of high-profile investigations down the years by TV channels and newspapers may have made buying Irish-sourced dogs unattractive for potential UK owners.

Some of the issues high-lighted were forged documents, including veterinary reports, vaccination certificates and registration papers, very sick dogs, some of which were too young to be sold, not having been weaned off their mothers.

IME top-quality dogs seldom need to be advertised, they pretty much sell themselves. That is not to suggest there is anything amiss with OP's boxers, just that selling into the UK from Ireland is tougher than it used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

mathepac wrote: »
    just that selling into the UK from Ireland is tougher than it used to be.

Maybe that's why they need to advertise?

I do agree though, lots of ads say top quality, so I guess Andreac was just asking the OP if they really are top quality, as in are they champion show dogs or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

"To be honest, if your dogs are of top quality you wont have a need to advertise"

I agree with everything you guys said but maybe the guy is just starting out, there is too much suspicsion when someone says they want to advertise I find and yes done deals is full of puppy farmers but everyone has to start from somewhere, also reputable breeders(God I love hearing that term whenever anyone talks about buying or selling dogs) need to move with the times and get some decent websites up so when we are looking for a perticular breed google wont just bring us back to donedeals each time.;)

"To be honest, if your dogs are of top quality you wont have a need to advertise"

I agree with everything you guys said but maybe the guy is just starting out, there is too much suspicsion when someone says they want to advertise I find and yes done deals is full of puppy farmers but everyone has to start from somewhere, also reputable breeders(God I love hearing that term whenever anyone talks about buying or selling dogs) need to move with the times and get some decent websites up so when we are looking for a perticular breed google wont just bring us back to donedeals each time.;)[/QUOTE]

They do, i can send you links of lots of good breeders for lots of different breeds and if you contact the IKC they will give you a list of breeders and if you google certain breed kennels you will get breeders up and not done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

also reputable breeders(God I love hearing that term whenever anyone talks about buying or selling dogs) need to move with the times and get some decent websites up so when we are looking for a perticular breed google wont just bring us back to donedeals each time.;)

When I was looking for my dog last year I didn't end up on Done Deal, I found my dogs breeder through his website the morning after my dog was born, which was lucky for me because all 11 pups in the litter were snapped up in days through his website, word of mouth and contacts in the show world, one even ended up in Germany.

Advertisement