Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clever or cowards??????

• 24-07-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

just wondering what your opinions are about fighters refusing to fight other fighters of a similar experiance, i understand not dropping a young fighter in at the deep end but i'm talking about men fighting pro rules, is it just me that thinks this is a bit cowardly?? i think the promoters are partly to blame for allowing fighters to pic and choose, no bitching please just looking for honest opinions,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I'd say it lack of confidense to be honest..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

Padding records and picking fights are both common in all combat sports aren't they? Is there anyone in particular you're talking about or just the practice in general?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

i wont name names but i've had several dealings with clubs who wont take fights that are 50/50, pretty sad as thats waht i aim for on my show.

I dont think wetdogsmell is aiming it at anyone, but it is an interesting question, also it's worth noting that most these decisions are took by the fighters coach/manager rather than by themselves anyway so cowardly probably does not come into it.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

one mans 50-50 is another mans 60-40 is another mans 70-30. you never really know how a fight will go down until you set the guys in the ring but in the interest of fairness and safety people are matched up based on often precise but also inaccurate means such as fight records and weights.

But in terms of the original poster he's talking about profighters? A and B class so these guys should have a large enough record and years experience that it's easier to gauge their level.

At C class you could have someone that's been doing 'MMA' for 6 months or 6 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I guess when you are making a huge payday your record in is your primary extrinsic record?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

rovert wrote: »
    I guess when you are making a huge payday your record in is your primary extrinsic record?
    Yeah but if you have a chance to take out a higher rated fighter why not do it. Does anyone think greg lougherans rep went down any when he lost to alverez? If anything that fight gained him huge props from most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wetdogsmell

well thanks for the replies,,, it seems i'm the only one who thinks theres anything wrong with this,, i think its sad for the sport

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Yeah but if you have a chance to take out a higher rated fighter why not do it. Does anyone think greg lougherans rep went down any when he lost to alverez? If anything that fight gained him huge props from most people.

But Joe Bloggs dosnt have Eddie Alverez's rep and Bellator footage is a bit better distributed than random local Irish MMA shows.

Advertisement