Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to NZ! ( Looking for some feedback on flights )

Options
  • 24-07-2010 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking at going to NZ! 12month HWV.
    But after looking around, Flights are not cheap and i don't know what airline is the best to go with.

The longest i have been on a plane is 3 hours to Germany!. So the long flight is going to be interesting lol!

Anyways, The best deal i found so far is

Flights are with Malaysian airlines & Aer Lingus:

02/09/2010
    1. Dublin to Amsterdam 0600 0840
    2. Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur 1200 #0605
    3. Kuala Lumpur to Auckland 2120 #1120
    4. Auckland to Kuala Lumpur 1415 2005
    5. Kuala Lumpur to Amsterdam 2359 #0605
    6. Amsterdam to Dublin 0930 1010

# Denotes the next day arrival

Total cost 1100 Euro all in ( taxs etc )

if i am to be honest i would prefer to do something like

Ireland - USA - Auckland or Ireland - Asia - Auckland

Nothing has been booked yet, So am open to changes.

Could anyone commit on Malaysian Airlines, For that matter, What airline would you recommend!

May as well get all the questions out of the way,

Could anyone working in NZ, point me in the right direction on finding out tax/income, tax cuts etc! Anything and everything .

I have done some looking around, But was looking for some "Tips and tricks" so to speak, What you have learned over the years.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Why Should I

Shocking, No feedback :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 HerbertGirl

Would you look into getting a round-the-world ticket instead? Only a little more and it means more stops and you can get multiple airlines.

Did it myself a few years back... cant remember how much it cost but wasnt much more than what you mentioned.

We booked ours through Trailfinders, found them so helpful in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭C0N0R

I've booked Dublin to Frankfurt flying with Aer Lingus then Frankfurt to Singapore to Sydney to Christchurch with Qantas. That's flying in the fifth of October. Singapore is just a refuel I think. Total cost was 1450 I just booked the first one I found, don't have the time to price around as such. And in lazy like that!!

Have you looked at Singapore Airlines? I went with them last year in June for €1000 to Christchurch.

Dub>Heathrow>Singapore>Christchurch. They were the cheapest at the time. Cool massive planes too.

I got a better deal :D

Dublin > Abu Dhabi > Sydney > Auckland

all with Etihad Airways 1250 Euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Singapore airlines. No question.

a380 from London to Singapore, then Singapore to Akl.

Changi Airport is the best airport ever. Theres showers available to use, there's even a hotel airside if you've time for a nap!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Shzm wrote: »
    Singapore airlines. No question.

a380 from London to Singapore, then Singapore to Akl.

Changi Airport is the best airport ever. Theres showers available to use, there's even a hotel airside if you've time for a nap!

I haven't flown with Singapore Airlines but I have flown on the A380 with Qantas and totally agree. Singapore Airport also is brilliant and the big terminal (terminal 3) is absolutely massive and worth seeing if you were never even flying. The decentralised security at the gate was so stress free also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

I got a better deal :D

Dublin > Abu Dhabi > Sydney > Auckland

all with Etihad Airways 1250 Euro

Mad I just booked the exact reverse and its only 950 euro

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

FreeAnd.. wrote: »

Amazing you'd imagine flights East to West should be more expensive due to the prevailing winds and longer journey times associated thus with.

FreeAnd.. wrote: »

erm, Interesting.

On a side note, Can anyone recommend a good website or place to find a place to live

I have been looking on trademe "Flatmates wanted" But very very small selection on the North Shore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I flew Dublin>Heathrow>Singapore>Sydney>Auckland for just under €800. Flew Wit EI to Heathrow and the BA down to Sydney and Qantas to Auckland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭C0N0R

I assume all the prices posted up are return flights yes?? Now I feel a bit robbed!

Advertisement