Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late opening cafes in town

Options
  • 24-07-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Ok, heres the situation you meet a girl at the weekend and plan to meet up during the week but rather than going out pinting on a Tuesday or Wednesday night and having a head on you the next morning for work you want to go for a coffee instead.

Is there anywhere in town for a coffee that stays open relatively late (even until 9 or 10) other than going to a pub - because for some reason i feel a little bit unmanly bringing a girl to a pub where everyones drinking and im ordering cappucinos! Surely, other people are in this boat where theyd like to go out for a chat and not drink but there seems to be nowhere to go but a pub

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Bewley's, no better place.

Opening hours:
    Monday-Wednesday: 8am-10pm
    Thursday-Saturday: 8am-11pm
    Sunday: 9am-10pm

From Here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Used to be better when it opened until 1am Monday to Thursday and 3am Fri Sat Sunday,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Starbucks in the airport is open 24 hours if you get stuck :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Modus Rathmines is a coffee shop that opens till the early hours

• Registered Users Posts: 49 batista

Bewleys!!!!!!! How the hell did i not know that! Thats absolutely brilliant, im really surprised that there is not more places open late. I personally thought it would have been great if we had a cafe bar scene when that idea was muted, unfortunately thats not the case.

What do you all think of Bewleys as the location for a mid-week date then? Seen as i have never been there at night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Modus Rathmines is a coffee shop that opens till the early hours

Isn't the name Cafe Moda? It closes at around 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

batista wrote: »
    Bewleys!!!!!!! How the hell did i not know that! Thats absolutely brilliant, im really surprised that there is not more places open late. I personally thought it would have been great if we had a cafe bar scene when that idea was muted, unfortunately thats not the case.

What do you all think of Bewleys as the location for a mid-week date then? Seen as i have never been there at night!

Go up the stairs in bewleys. Sit at a table by the window overlooking grafton street. They have a little candle on each table. No better place, I absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

The balcony on the third floor is lovely in Summer too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The coffee shop beside Peter's pub on South William Street used to open late. Not sure about now.

Also Suffis on Stephen street used to open late at weekends. You could check them.

Sorry for all the used to. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

batista wrote: »

Me and my boyfriend had our first date in Bewleys :pac: Tea and cake! It was great. Still our first port of call when we fancy a hot drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

stovelid wrote: »
    The coffee shop beside Peter's pub on South William Street used to open late. Not sure about now.

it's called busyfeet and coco, it's one of the best (if not THE best)_ cafe in the city....myself and my boyfriend had our first date there.
    i think it's open until about ten on a wednesday but only about 8 the other days...

i think peter's pub has changed their name now....something foodie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Open until 8pm IIRC:

http://www.dublintourist.com/details/metro_cafe.shtml

Cosy, very friendly staff, great coffee and decent reasonably priced food.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i'm sure those McCafes would be open late :)

Advertisement