Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Zero to Hero (the simplest way to a Marathon)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

RubyK wrote: »
    I was the same (nearly 4 years ago). Dreaded the big day, but, it's only a number. TBH, I'm much preferring my 30's to my 20's. Hell, I only got the confidence to start running outdoors last year (was far too self conscious for many years), and it's one of the best things I've ever done.

So, my advice is enjoy the celebrations, and look forward to joining the 30's club :D

Yep i know what you mean, i am waaay more confident now than my 20's. And your right, just enjoy it, i feel like i'm still only 20 so that's a start...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

JEmily wrote: »
    Well i originally started jogging to lose some weight (not alot in fairness) then i progressed to getting fitter and now i don't know, i'm all about the thrill of meeting another milestone. Love following the plan as it's lovely to nail another LSR.
    Your daughter and myself are very alike, i keep forgetting how far it is aswell, until i'm reminded of what i'm letting myself in for. Make sure she's on your home run towards the finsh line, you can take her over the line with you, she'll love it! Maybe best to keep forgetting about it until the day i'm finished;)

Oh your doing Sunday this week, i think i've been bought tickets for the GAA final so not sure i can do both. The following week i'm back to normal life so i should be fine to meet up with you all. Although i'll need directions and a passport, i haven't been in the phoenix park since i was a kid!

Think i'm heading to that place Amphibian King, is that the place you recommended for new runners? I've been giving hints for the last 6 months that i want new runners for my birthday, ha:D

Runways in Parnell st is my preference but Amphibian King are good too:D

I won't carry my daughter over the line as I also have a bruiser of a 3 year old son too and after that amount of mileage, carrying both never mind myself over the line will be impossible.;)

I was the same (nearly 4 years ago). Dreaded the big day, but, it's only a number. TBH, I'm much preferring my 30's to my 20's. Hell, I only got the confidence to start running outdoors last year (was far too self conscious for many years), and it's one of the best things I've ever done.

So, my advice is enjoy the celebrations, and look forward to joining the 30's club :D

Oh my God Ruby 34 is really old:)

It's gone quiet here all of a sudden..........:(

I was only joking you know:P

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You mean you weren't going to carry all of us the 26 miles beforehand...someone's got their wires crossed;)

• Advertisement

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You mean you weren't going to carry all of us the 26 miles beforehand...someone's got their wires crossed;)

Don't forget you promised i could tie a rope to you so that you could pull me along!!!!;)

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Might have to up the weight training so...

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Might have to up the weight training so...

If this knee doesn't sort itself out I'll need a piggy back:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

mrslow wrote: »
    Oh my God Ruby 34 is really old:)

I know :eek: But I'm only 33 :P

I have another 13 days til I become another year older.

If this knee doesn't sort itself out I'll need a piggy back:(

Just read your post about your knee last night, oh no...hopefully with a bit of a rest it will sort itself out.

If it's an consolation i have a cold, no voice left and went for my 4m last night which ended at 3.5 miles as i was tired and ended up dropping into my friends for a cuppa tea instead. How non-dedictaed am i this week:confused:.

I'm giving myself the rest of the week off until Sunday morning, will TRY do my 10 miler without the drama.

• Advertisement

I know :eek: But I'm only 33 :P

I have another 13 days til I become another year older.

34? Can you feel it drawing in like a cold tide? :D

Just read your post about your knee last night, oh no...hopefully with a bit of a rest it will sort itself out.

If it's an consolation i have a cold, no voice left and went for my 4m last night which ended at 3.5 miles as i was tired and ended up dropping into my friends for a cuppa tea instead. How non-dedictaed am i this week:confused:.

I'm giving myself the rest of the week off until Sunday morning, will TRY do my 10 miler without the drama.

Thanks JEmily, I'm pissed off with it now and feel like I should write a letter of complaint to someone in the knee department maybe get a refund ;)

Take care of the cold, plenty of hot whiskey and early nights.

34? Can you feel it drawing in like a cold tide? :D

Yep, 34 is just around the corner. It doesn't really bother me tbh, there's nowt I can do about it, so why worry.

A year older, a year wiser ;)

Sorry JEmily for hijacking. I'll take myself and my zimmerframe off your thread now ;-)

Yep, 34 is just around the corner. It doesn't really bother me tbh, there's nowt I can do about it, so why worry.

Sorry JEmily for hijacking. I'll take myself and my zimmerframe off your thread now ;-)

Just winding you up Ruby, I'm staring down the barrell of 35 - odd numbers always seem older:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

odd numbers always seem older:(
    That's so very true actually!

Just winding you up Ruby, I'm staring down the barrell of 35 - odd numbers always seem older:(

Oh I know that, I wasn't taking it to heart ;):D Don't worry old man :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Get off my lawn, the lot of you

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the National Debt." [/FONT]

Oh I know that, I wasn't taking it to heart ;):D Don't worry old man :P

Old man???? I'm only a slip of a youngfella;)

• Advertisement

Hijack away, i've no voice left after the weekend anyway;)

Sorry only getting this now...Aw, thank you...:D

Sorry only getting this now...Aw, thank you...:D

No problem, how did it go?

Week 5 finished - although good riddance.

Bit of a bad week, run wise. Done the 3m, 7m, 4m but there was no hope of me getting in my 10m LSR last weekend. Too much partying, too much alcohol and too much tiredness. It was a weekend affair, party Friday, Saturday another session in Town, yesterday Town again and tickets for GAA. So now i'm officially fried.

Can't wait to get back to some healthy living and back on track for my week 6 schedule. Saturday 15m LSR:eek:, i really want to nail this distance. Hope me missing out on the 10m LSR last Saturday won't affect my performance this week:(

Am hoping to try some new scenery and meet couple of you in the Phoenix Park this Saturday for the 15m LSR.

Glad you had a great weekend of it. Hey, you deserved it! Plenty of time for LSR's.

Welcome to the 30's club ;)

No problem, how did it go?

Really good, but what started out as a party night ended in a party weekend. So needless to say i'm dying today on all fronts, hungover, tired etc.

I'm happy it's all over to be honest, i hope your knee will be on mend soon. I missed out on my 10m last weekend so if you miss out on your long run this week we'll both be the same again. Then we can both nail the 15m on Saturday i hope! But sure see how if fairs out this week.

Really good, but what started out as a party night ended in a party weekend. So needless to say i'm dying today on all fronts, hungover, tired etc.

I'm happy it's all over to be honest, i hope your knee will be on mend soon. I missed out on my 10m last weekend so if you miss out on your long run this week we'll both be the same again. Then we can both nail the 15m on Saturday i hope! But sure see how if fairs out this week.

Glad you enjoyed your weekend, party time over and back to work!

I'm really concerned about my knees, it could be a deal breaker but hopefully the Physio will give me a magic potion and I'll be flying it for Saturday.

We have a few confirmed for Saturday and I'll chase up the others who showed an interest earlier. It's great putting faces to people here, looking forward to meeting a few more!

Don't forget your passport.:D

Got the all clear - Happy Days:D:D:D:D:D

Got the all clear - Happy Days:D:D:D:D:D

I just read it, wow, am soooo delighted, i was nearly losing my wing man. I knew you'd be fine;)

She sounds brill. Makes a nice change that she didn't force any products down your throat either. Just done the rehab.

I'm heading into your recommendation on Thursday evening to get my new runners, runways. I can't wait for new runners, how sad am i:o

Saturday hopeing to meet you guys at 9am, for our next big milestone, 15 miles...we HAVE to nail this one, i know we will!!! Bring it on!

• Advertisement

Actually for the first time ever, i didn't check the clock last night, i didn't grab my stopwatch and i didn't treat this run like a chore. I just grabbed my runners and went out the door and ran. Forrest gump i was...

Yes it was a planned 3m (i'm a day ahead as i have had the last 4 days off practically). But it was so nice to just run for the love, yes i could feel the birthday cake on the hips, yes i felt heavy, but after mile 2 i was suckin diesel. Felt lovely to be back out on the road, rid the body of toxins and breathe fresh air.

Oh how i love running...until Saturday i'm sure...but for now i'm :D:D:D

Still have bit of cold, not 100%, but i'm good otherwise. A trip to Runways on Thursday evening to purchase my new runners should cheer me up, i can't wait!!! What runners will i end up in, i'm intruiged...(yep, i know it's very sad!)

Advertisement