Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Zero to Hero (the simplest way to a Marathon)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

RubyK wrote: »
    Great news J :D Bet you're relieved to be pain free!

Totally:D

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

Excellent news JEmily - welcome back.

9 days without running must have felt like an eternity.

Excellent news JEmily - welcome back.

9 days without running must have felt like an eternity.

Thanks, it's nice to be back. 9 days was bloody torture to say the least, but to be honest i'm so glad i done it now than pay later. 20 miles Sunday will be a test for it!

Your flying at the mo, you doing lsr this weekend in phoenix park? Are you in the splitters club, hope not for your sake as there might be some abuse coming your way, ha;)

Don't think we've met before, i'm hoping to do Sunday's lsr in the phoenix park. Good luck with the running, but you seem to be flying to me...

JEmily wrote: »
    Thanks, it's nice to be back. 9 days was bloody torture to say the least, but to be honest i'm so glad i done it now than pay later. 20 miles Sunday will be a test for it!

Your flying at the mo, you doing lsr this weekend in phoenix park? Are you in the splitters club, hope not for your sake as there might be some abuse coming your way, ha;)

Don't think we've met before, i'm hoping to do Sunday's lsr in the phoenix park. Good luck with the running, but you seem to be flying to me...

Live too far away in Limerick so 9am is too early. I did 20 lsr last week so will try and get an lsr of between 15-17 this weekend.

Your times were really good before the injury so hopefully you'll get back to that level.

I'm counting down the days to the big one now. What time you targetting?

Live too far away in Limerick so 9am is too early. I did 20 lsr last week so will try and get an lsr of between 15-17 this weekend.

Your times were really good before the injury so hopefully you'll get back to that level.

I'm counting down the days to the big one now. What time you targetting?

Well done you on your 20 lsr last weekend, i'm soooo jealous. I know, i'm so annoyed as my training and times were really good and i felt good right up until calf went. Anyway, i'm really not sure on times now but the 20 lsr Sunday will give me a good idea if i can stick to what i originally planned. To be honest as a first marathon i was happy to finish but the guys here were great and said maybe sub 4hr for DCM. They were right about my Half time so i'll go with them again. I'm not sure about that time now though, but am hoping to stick with it and hopefully if i feel good a few minutes under will be a bonus.

How's about you, what's your plan of attack? Have you done a marathon before or you like me "totally clueless":o

Mmmm, Limerick is a bit far, will see you on DCM day though...:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

You're back...Nice one! Enjoy your 20 on Sunday...!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭nachoqueen

hey missy
    thats great you are back flying around, i cant wait to hear the report of your lsr on sunday. its tough not running i havent been right since last monday, my back is taped up by the physio and im on difene round the clock!

Physio says we will know this week whether DCM is out of the question so hoping for a miracle but im being realistic also!

looking forward to hearing how you all get on on sunday

Ill be back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

nachoqueen wrote: »
    hey missy
    thats great you are back flying around, i cant wait to hear the report of your lsr on sunday. its tough not running i havent been right since last monday, my back is taped up by the physio and im on difene round the clock!

Physio says we will know this week whether DCM is out of the question so hoping for a miracle but im being realistic also!

Ill be back

I didn't realise it could be a deal breaker Nacho, I have fingers and toes crossed for you.

Well done you on your 20 lsr last weekend, i'm soooo jealous. I know, i'm so annoyed as my training and times were really good and i felt good right up until calf went. Anyway, i'm really not sure on times now but the 20 lsr Sunday will give me a good idea if i can stick to what i originally planned. To be honest as a first marathon i was happy to finish but the guys here were great and said maybe sub 4hr for DCM. They were right about my Half time so i'll go with them again. I'm not sure about that time now though, but am hoping to stick with it and hopefully if i feel good a few minutes under will be a bonus.

How's about you, what's your plan of attack? Have you done a marathon before or you like me "totally clueless":o

Mmmm, Limerick is a bit far, will see you on DCM day though...:)

I did the half in under 2 so decided to try 4:15 but now I think i'll just stay with 4.30 pacers and try and enjoy my first one and aim for Sub 4 on my next attempt (Yes I said it :D ).

I'm sure we'll all meet up at the expo the day before for a non-alco bevvy?

Best of luck tomorrow - will be reading here to read how you got on.

I did the half in under 2 so decided to try 4:15 but now I think i'll just stay with 4.30 pacers and try and enjoy my first one and aim for Sub 4 on my next attempt (Yes I said it :D ).

I'll be going over on the Saturday, my hope would be for us all to link up for a celebratory drink after the race though!

• Advertisement

hey missy

Ill be back

I'm seriously going to miss you tomorrow, you were great motivation. But i promise you, take the time out to recover now, you can still do 20 lsr next week and have 2 week taper. All is not lost. Your fitness will still be there. Trust me...i was in same boat the last 9 days.

Keep me up-to-date please, but don't lose faith, you can still do DCM...just wait and see.

Sort of the same as me now, before calf went would have liked sub 4, but now realistically 4.30. I don't know but tomorrow will be the deal breaker. Will figure out all when tomorrows 20 lsr is finished.

Good luck to you too, you are flying, no bother. Drinks, pre (non alco) and post DCM as MrSlow suggested a definite!!!

2m run done today, had the Rocky soundtrack and my ipod on today for it. It's been a long time since i've listened to music out running, i normally prefer to run and listen to nature.

Anyway, Rocky worked done 2 miles in 50m, bit too fast but felt good. Fighting fit and raring to go...i hope this last for the full length of my 20lsr tomorrow. Nerves are kicking in now as i know without doubt i'm not in the same condition as i was for my 19 mile lsr a few weeks back now. But i just hope the calf hold out, i really do...

Well doen all the Saturday Splitters:p that completed their 20lsr today, i'm so jealous, i hope i'll be sipping a strong brandy and baileys this time tomorrow night in celebration too!;)

Well what can i say, the weather was fab this morning. Sunny, fresh and dry. Everyone was buzzing around the phoenix park with the nice weather.

Myself, The Wexican, MrSlow and James met up. Myself and The Wexican done 20 miles, we ended up doing a big loop at the end for the 21 miles. I'm so happy now about the mileage, but i was just relieved that my calf held up, absolutely no pain just bit tight.

For anyone who has injuries at the moment, i'm living proof you won't lose fitness. If i can do it anyone can. Take your time to get better, it will stand to you down the line.

Well what can i say, the weather was fab this morning. Sunny, fresh and dry. Everyone was buzzing around the phoenix park with the nice weather.

Myself, The Wexican, MrSlow and James met up. Myself and The Wexican done 20 miles, we ended up doing a big loop at the end for the 21 miles. I'm so happy now about the mileage, but i was just relieved that my calf held up, absolutely no pain just bit tight.

For anyone who has injuries at the moment, i'm living proof you won't lose fitness. If i can do it anyone can. Take your time to get better, it will stand to you down the line.

Go JEmily.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great running there JEmily - I'm delighted for you, you earned it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done you & especially after such a difficult week. :)

I witnessed almost 17 miles of JEmily's run and she looked like she could have run the full thing (26.2), added to that we ran about two of those miles at 10 min pace generally running 9:30/45 for the rest.

mrslow wrote: »
    I witnessed almost 17 miles of JEmily's run and she looked like she could have run the full thing (26.2), added to that we ran about two of those miles at 10 min pace generally running 9:30/45 for the rest.

Em, pot kettle black, springs to mind...it's the best i've seen you run, you looked very fresh for 18 miles...all your hard work is paying off (and physio's pain sessions - as much as i hate to admit it!)

Em, pot kettle black, springs to mind...it's the best i've seen you run, you looked very fresh for 18 miles...all your hard work is paying off (and physio's pain sessions - as much as i hate to admit it!)

Behind the fresh look is a broken man ;)

• Advertisement

behind the fresh look is a broken man ?!

Under my t shirt is a banjaxed back!

behind the fresh look is a broken man ?!

Aw poor you, although a bit of rest and tlc and you'd be surprised how it will hold up with all those perfectly toned muscles you've built up around it. What's the update? You out today for run or when?

Under my running vest................:D

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Under my running vest................:D

Is a big banana!!!

giving the back a trial run tonite , will be watchful for any renegade bananas under dodgy looking running vests

giving the back a trial run tonite , will be watchful for any renegade bananas under dodgy looking running vests

Yep you watch out because Diggers out there, could be in your area you never know, he's lurking around every corner wearing a vest from Bros' wardrobe and offering his little banana to any ladies running by.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

mrslow wrote: »
    Yep you watch out because Diggers out there, could be in your area you never know, he's lurking around every corner wearing a vest from Bros' wardrobe and offering his little banana to any ladies running by.;)

And I thought I was special...... sniff sniff...:(

jcsmum wrote: »
    And I thought I was special...... sniff sniff...:(

You are...You are...But in the interest of fairness and equality please let jcsdad know that my banana is available to him....(dear god, the things I'm prepared to do for human kind and first time Marathon runners and their O/H's :eek: )

I'm working backwards this week, as have a dinner party tonight so wanted a short run to get home early.

Done my 8m last night, felt good, felt really good. Well it was a 7.75 miler and i done it way too quick like MrSlow's last night, but without the music. Time of: 1h09m, pace: 8.9min/miles.

Really enjoyed it...it's nice to be back to my weekly schedule.

4m tonight shoudl be nice and relaxed. Maybe will do 2m at pmp and then bring back to nice slow pace.

• Advertisement

I'm working backwards this week, as have a dinner party tonight so wanted a short run to get home early.

Done my 8m last night, felt good, felt really good. Well it was a 7.75 miler and i done it way too quick like MrSlow's last night, but without the music. Time of: 1h09m, pace: 8.9min/miles.

Really enjoyed it...it's nice to be back to my weekly schedule.

4m tonight shoudl be nice and relaxed. Maybe will do 2m at pmp and then bring back to nice slow pace.

Have you decided on PMP then???

Advertisement