Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exodus

Options
  • 24-07-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭

Playing the Village in November. What a ridiculously small venue for this band. Might be interesting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Saw them in the voodoo lounge awhile back, fairly tiny too. Great band though. Where did you hear about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Exodus - a band that never got the recognition they deserved imo.

Although not in the big 4, they would be in a "big 6" of thrash if there was one, comprising the big 4, testament and exodus. Surely they have a bigger fangroup in ireland than the small venues mentioned thus far.

I have to admit i've struggled with their last few albums. But live they're absolutely unreal. Strike of the beast!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Saw them in the voodoo lounge awhile back, fairly tiny too. Great band though. Where did you hear about this?

Was that the night before slayer,lamb of god,in flames played in the point?if it was that was a great gig.

Was that the night before slayer,lamb of god,in flames played in the point?if it was that was a great gig.

Looking at my tickets here. The exodus gig i went to was to was April '08. I was at that slayer gig too though, that was Nov '06. If i had known at the time exodus was the night before i'd have gone to both! Dang it anyway. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Saw it on download site. There was a Scottish date announced, so rumoured tour, then it changed today and had The Village, Dublin on it. Its in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Village date confirmed over on MetalIreland.com .... I'll be there

RayCon wrote: »
    Village date confirmed over on MetalIreland.com .... I'll be there

Thanks mate! Saturday Nov 20th. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Slayer showed up at this venue too for this gig

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking at my tickets here. The exodus gig i went to was to was April '08. I was at that slayer gig too though, that was Nov '06. If i had known at the time exodus was the night before i'd have gone to both! Dang it anyway. :)

yup november 06 was the one I was talking about great gig,could'nt go see them in april 08 :(

• Advertisement

Slayer showed up at this venue too for this gig

My friend told me after that chris adler from lamb of god played drums for a few songs,did'nt noitice him tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Savage this'll be bangin'. Just have to convince a few friends to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

My friend told me after that chris adler from lamb of god played drums for a few songs,did'nt noitice him tbh.

He did. And I know Tom and Jeff, and maybe Kerry, from Slayer were there...they really took the initiative and came down. Just walked in the door and paid full price. Shocked a few people alright.

At the April '08 gig i was at when i arrived i went to buy i tshirt for my brother cos he couldn't make it. Fecking Jack Gibson was standing there selling the tshirts! But i kinda wasn't sure it was him so like an idiot i said 'your not who i think you are?' & he goes with a laugh 'well im not Jason Newsted anyway'. Then he'd no change for a 50 so i went & got a pint of Guinness & came back to him. he started laughing & said 'that's one way to get change alright'. Annoyed now i didnt think to buy him one. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Man Must Die are supporting, f*ck YEAH! Raging I missed them at Machine Head.

Advertisement