Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bakery in Galway City?

Options
  • 24-07-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for some details on a good bakery in Galway city.
    Need a delicious chocolate cake for a party. Which one would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Best bakery IMO is Griffins, BUT if you want a ridiculously chocolately birthday cake I suggest Goyas on Kirwan Lane. Delicious but also ridiculously overpriced. Tesco do some great chocolate cakes though which often have been mistaken for a 'better' brand..

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Best bakery IMO is Griffins, BUT if you want a ridiculously chocolately birthday cake I suggest Goyas on Kirwan Lane. Delicious but also ridiculously overpriced. Tesco do some great chocolate cakes though which often have been mistaken for a 'better' brand..

Thanks for that just googled them there and they have a birthday price list available to download on their site... Just going to drool over it now!! :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Have you considered Sprinkles?

http://sprinkles.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Vodkat wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for some details on a good bakery in Galway city.
    Need a delicious chocolate cake for a party. Which one would you recommend?

Have you looked at www.sprinkles.ie ? Based in Galway and they have some fantastic original cakes.

Edit: Dam you Xiney!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Xiney wrote: »

Wow... Thanks for the link!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Xiney wrote: »

Those cakes are more novelty cakes than desserty chocolatey cakes no?

If it's just a chocolate dessert cake as opposed to a novelty cake you're looking for I would second Goyas.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Gourmet Tart abbeygate street

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

bills wrote: »
    Gourmet Tart abbeygate street

Any reason that you say it's the best? I've always found that one and the one up near tesco to be nothing more than average, but pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I just found out yesterday that the Gourmet Tart company are a Galway company, really slick, I thought they were an international chain.

Just saying;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Greaney wrote: »
    I just found out yesterday that the Gourmet Tart company are a Galway company, really slick, I thought they were an international chain.

Just saying;)

Yep, husband and wife operation. The wife is from Salthill and the husband on completing his PHD in chemistry in UCG became a baker!

• Advertisement
Advertisement