Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomson Box - connect to two machines

Options
  • 24-07-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi all

Ive a really quick question.

Im the owner of a G5 and a IMac. My G5 is currently connected to the world wide web via Tomson THG520 box. My problem is that i want to connect my iMac to this also. It only has one ethernet connection.

Do I need a router or will a splitter of some kind do so that I can connect my IMac also? any suggestions as to what and where I might buy one if so...

thanks
    iTom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Purchase a ethernet switch and connect one of the ports to this modem. Probably using a cross over cable but a lot of switches can handle the straight through cables using an uplink port. Then connect as normal multiple PC's to the switch using regular straight through cables.

Advertisement