Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TK cream soda?

Options
  • 24-07-2010 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

I havnt seen this drink in a while, is it still about. We used to buy it in tesco's on the weekly shop:D but cant remenber when i last seen it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I had totally forgotten about it until I just saw the thread, talk about a blast from the past. I haven't seen it in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

It was only last year when we were buying it, even this year! Only seen it on sale in dunnes and tesco's and it seems to have vanished!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

They've stopped making it. I was quite pi55ed off when I found out as the stuff was lovely and had next to no sugar in it. I can't find any other Cream Soda that tastes similar, they're all completely different.

Oh no,thats the girlfriend writing a letter to TK! When did this happen?
    The other cream soda's taste like bubbley butter!
    :pac:"puke"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Maine Soft Drinks American Cream Soda is the best... only problem is they only deliver in the Finglas/Cabra area... :( once you taste that you'll never ever go back to a different cream soda.

• Advertisement

Must try that maine stuff, they deliver here in my village.

Oh God! Do! It's amazing, especially their raspberryade and cream soda! Also, try the Scottish Kola... yum yum...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Maine Soft Drinks American Cream Soda is the best... only problem is they only deliver in the Finglas/Cabra area... :( once you taste that you'll never ever go back to a different cream soda.

Where can you get this in finglas?

They go around in a truck selling to homes. They don't have any in stores... They are usually in Gortmore estate around 2.00-3.00pm and up around Casement in the evenings. I'll see if I still have the drivers phone number and PM you (i no longer live in Finglas and can't get it anymore, sometimes I drive over for it though...)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

How do you mean they only deliver to cabra/finglas?

do you have to order via the maine website or?

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    How do you mean they only deliver to cabra/finglas?

do you have to order via the maine website or?

See post above...

See post above...

:pac:

posted at the same time, if you have the number handy could you pm it to me?

Yeah not a bother :)

Got a bottle of the Maine cream soda, not bad!:D

skipz wrote: »
    Got a bottle of the Maine cream soda, not bad!:D

where?

I tried ringing the guy a few times

A lad does a Maine run here in my village in Louth. I got the bottle from a local pub who gets Maine minerals from him.(special request!;))
    He does house's aswel, but dont know when?

ntlbell wrote: »
    where?

I tried ringing the guy a few times

ntlbell they're in Finglas at the moment if you want to try ring them again. the guy said he got your text and that he was going to ring you in a while.

ntlbell they're in Finglas at the moment if you want to try ring them again. the guy said he got your text and that he was going to ring you in a while.

just seen this now, do you know what area they do be in ?

I'll catch this guy if it kills me :D

In the evenings I think they're back up around Casement... I know they were around mine at this time on a Friday when I lived there. Give him a ring and see if he answers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Wow, I haven't tried cream soda in years. It has a "soft" mouth feel, doesn't it?

I was in ALDI today and they had cream soda by the pallet. I didn't buy a bottle, but I think it was labelled "Specially Selected" and it had a kind of "retro" tinge to it.

• Advertisement

Wow, I haven't tried cream soda in years. It has a "soft" mouth feel, doesn't it?

I was in ALDI today and they had cream soda by the pallet. I didn't buy a bottle, but I think it was labelled "Specially Selected" and it had a kind of "retro" tinge to it.

The cream soda in Aldi looked... yellow the last time seen it.

The cream soda in Aldi looked... yellow the last time seen it.

Yeah it looks nasty, not very cream soda like!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yes, thats a good description, I thought it tasted like lemonade with a bit of icecream in it, like a coke-float.

Whenever I hear/read "TK" I envision an auld lad like d'unbelieveables saying "stick a drop of auld Taylor Keith in dat" -dunno if it was in an actual sketch. Always sounds like a real auld fella drink/word, like "minerals" & "tumbler". Surprised its gone, thought it would have been their best seller besides red lemonade.

Still listed here, might be out of date though http://web.archive.org/web/20060827081816/www.cantrell.ie/our_brands/range_tk.htm

Advertisement