Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Limited Time] 5770 Open-Box?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

€100 for a Vapor-X HD5770? Go for it, so long as you don't need or already own a Molex>PCIe power adaptor and a DVI>VGA dongle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The dongle, maybe.

But the cable, I. Think. Not.

bought it. crossfire your fingers i dont suffer buyers remorse.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gamer_Niall

good luck! :P

yeah.

Impressed with the motherboard performance though. this thing just eats Source-engine games. Pretty good on WoW too but I think card memory is still bottlenecking that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Overheal wrote: »
    bought it. crossfire your fingers i dont suffer buyers remorse.

I see what you did thur :o

Nice buy man :D

*rubs hands*

within the next hour or so I'll be seeing my friendly UPS man with my Vapor-X 5770

the card arrived :D came in the used box, all manuals, cds, cables, adapters.

Has a fine layer of dust and the faceplate has that gritty autmobile look - like theres a grease stain? Or a scorch mark, or it could just be a mundane blemish :p

I wont know more until I run the card. I may buy Crysis on Steam just as the fastest way to begin stress-testing the card.

UPDATE PLZ :D

its destroying everything i place in front of it. Ultra WoW at 1920x1080: Destroyed. 60fps Trible Buffered. Shattered Horizon the DX10 Testbed of Testbeds @ 1920x1080 full everything: Destroyed. Couldnt be bothered with the framecount, the game was butter. Acquired 3dMark Vantage and got P10,000+ And need to get and run Crysis on it. Will Update.

And much without saying, Starcraft 2 is being Destroyed :p

There is an annoying mouse glitch but googling this uncovered its a common error in the HD 5xxx - the userside hotfix being to go to Mouse Settings, turn on Pointer Trail and set it fully short. The trail makes it flicker a little bit when it moves buts its better than the glitchy block of pixels it used to be. Catalyst Drivers 10.7, Windows 64-bit.

Oh, and it Glows Blue, like Everything Else in my case :D steam demo for Supreme Commander is done, gonna run TF2 and L4D2 quick though then that.

In the card's defense i first noticed a minor mouse glitch in SC2 last night before the card got installed at all. Though it does seem somewhat exacerbated.

TF2 BTW, Full 1920x1080, 8xMSAA 16xAF: Destroyed. 60fps Buffered and Steady. Did not, however, appreciate being Alt+Tabbed out of :pac: L4D2 same story. Must figure out why ive been losing my internet connection periodically :/ blame my insistence on wireless perhaps. Or thats the ****ty ventril server im on making me THINK im losing my connection when REALLY its a **** vent server :mad:

Crysis is taking to long, I shouldve had it ready days ago. Will probably be up and ready tomorree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jak/mar

Does Newegg ship to Ireland?
    I thought they only ship to US and Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

jak/mar wrote: »
    Does Newegg ship to Ireland?
    I thought they only ship to US and Canada.
    i had the same reaction. Just look at his location

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You could use one of those forwarding shipping companies, but by the time you add transport costs, import duties and VAT, it wouldn't be worth it.

@Overheal - Nice buy and thanks for the results.

Handles Warhead on all Enthusiast settings quite well, 1650x1080 (max res allowed). will try and find out how to track the actual framerate later but it runs beautifully. Which leads me to declare that my hardware has finally caught up with the games of 2 and 3 years ago... :pac:

As long as they don't come out with another GPU-killing game in the next two years, I'll be fine! My only hope in relation to that is that they make more intelligent use of multicores... then im sorted.

Not since I last ran SC2 have I seen the mouse glitch so I assume the two are related, and still nothing to do with the 5770

Overheal wrote: »
    As long as they don't come out with another GPU-killing game in the next two years, I'll be fine!

Er, yeah... about that... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Solitaire wrote: »
    Also the CryEngine 3(being used by crysis 2 when it comes out) probably wont be too gfx card friendly when put at high settings. Especially after the bad job they did optimizing cryEngine 2
    There will always be something that will destroy the current range of cards

Solitaire wrote: »
    I will check that out. Not looking to drop lots of monies on games though purely to benchmark though :)
    Connavar wrote: »
    Also the CryEngine 3(being used by crysis 2 when it comes out) probably wont be too gfx card friendly when put at high settings. Especially after the bad job they did optimizing cryEngine 2
    There will always be something that will destroy the current range of cards
    This is true, but I hope the Crytek team learned their lesson with CE2 with optimization and adopting new tech. Their game is still a nice benchmark tool but only because of this optimization. I am sure better looking games have since come out - its just the nicest one that I've played.

Advertisement