Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim unlocker attachments - Do they actually work?

Options
  • 24-07-2010 6:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Hey, im looking at buying a phone for cheap on ebay from england, but its locked to T mobile UK. So instead of paying 20-30€ to unlock it, I was looking online and saw these: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12777

Do these attachments to the sim card actually work? Anyone ever try them? Thanks. Anyone know of how to get a LG unlocked for cheap enough if that doesn't work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I cant speak for that exact item, but yes similar do work. Commonly known as a 'turbo sim'. They work for a lot of older handsets, but they wont do the most latest releases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Ah right, id say this uses the same type of thing as a turbosim. Any way to find out if your phone will work with a turbosim though? Like any things I should look out for in the specs of the phone? The phone im looking to buy is from 2008 and the model is LG Renoir by the way.

Well the Renoir could be unlocked here about €15 if thats any use to you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I got a pack of these things or similar from dealextreme. None worked in any of the phones I tried. I still have 1 or 2 in a box somewhere . Fell free to pm me if you want to try one out.

I got a pack of these things or similar from dealextreme. None worked in any of the phones I tried. I still have 1 or 2 in a box somewhere . Fell free to pm me if you want to try one out.

It would have to be a rebel sim type 2 for it to work in the renoir

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

yes they work. i sold a locked phone to someone recently and they said it did

Advertisement