Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual 3G Load balance`

Options
  • 24-07-2010 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im wondering is there such thing as a dual 3G Load balancing router? Ive already got a drayek vigor 2910 which works fine but can load balance between 3G and another Wan connection not 3G, Reason is 3G is my only method of connection but my download limit is to low, Im looking to get a router I can get 2 3G modems connected to thus doubling my download limit

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 brianoconnell

Looks like your going to have to wait for Dual-Cell HSDPA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-Cell_HSDPA.

There may be some enterprise class kit that's used to provide internet access from buses, coaches, trains and planes, but that would be very expensive!

A DIY approach might be to get a second 3G router, connect them both to a Linux box, have Linux provide the load-balancing...... But that would mean a load of extra kit, power and effort!

Connecting to a fixed line is probably the cheapest and easiest to improve upon your Internet connection.

Advertisement